Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was thinking of inviting a bunch of friends over for a relaxing Autumn evening of hanging out around the back yard fire pit, with maybe a few adult beverages, and maybe even a few party games.

I'm thinking for a game to work well in this environment, I'd be looking for games that don't require people to constantly have to pop up out of their seats to place something in a central spot (though one person getting up for a couple of minutes to "present" or whatever is probably fine), quick to explain and easy to remember, doesn't require many or any components for people to have to keep track of (a card to two for example at most). A central scorekeeper or something like that would probably be OK since I could deal with that.

What would some good games for this be?

Currently I'm thinking Time's Up! might be a good choice (though honestly I looked through the deck and I have no clue who 99% of the people it names are, so I'm doubtful as to how much I'll enjoy it), along with maybe Werewolf as long as I keep it simple with just werewolf/villager/seer... MAYBE something like True Colors, probably depending on who's there...

Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
We enjoyed Catch Phrase! sititng around the pool.

Only one person is required to actually focus on the board. The word selection device can be passed among members of the group if nobody peeks... and who would bother to be devious in this situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If alcohol is involved, easy: Ca$h n Gun$. (Muahahaha....)

Or The Resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Werewolf / Resistance.

As far as WW goes, we usually played it around the campfire with villager + wolf + seer + martyr/bodyguard. That works pretty well and isn't too complex at all. But then even adding things like cub or sorcerer really wouldn't be too tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward Fortyhands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played Eat Poop You Cat in a similar setting. It was crazy fun. Of course you kind of need to see a little bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.