Subject: yellow disks as outposts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not get the rationale behind using the same color yellow disks for outposts now. Isn't it very hard to remember which outposts belong to which faction in a 4+ players game? Or are you supposed to use a faction disk plus a yellow disk to mark a outpost (but why then not just use a faction disk like in legacy)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're just supposed to remember. I've never found it confusing, to be honest, but you could always write on the discs.

I suspect that someone will produce little faction stickers in due course, that would seems to be the logical choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As to the rationale, it means you can now use all of your disks for claims. Similarly, you now use the big cube for a freighter, meaning you can use all of your small cubes for factories/colonies/glory points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erich_schneider wrote:
As to the rationale, it means you can now use all of your disks for claims. Similarly, you now use the big cube for a freighter, meaning you can use all of your small cubes for factories/colonies/glory points.

I understand this, but why are the outpost tokens all the same color. Why not use a new shape for the outposts in faction color. Of course I am free to introduce my own components. But I find the decision to use the same color for every factions outposts a bit strange and inconsequent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.