GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Warhammer 40,000» Forums » Rules

Subject: Close Combat Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about multiple attacks in close combat.
Let's say a character is armed with a Plasma Pistol and power sword. When they charge into close combat they get +1 attack for two weapons and +1 attack for charging. Let's say they have 3 basic attacks. So they have a total of 5 attacks.
My question is, which weapons are used. Does he have to roll one dice as the power sword or can all 5 attacks be the plasma pistol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In close combat you will only use melee weapons. The plasma pistol only counts as a basic melee weapon, ie user's strength. So in that case you would want to use the power sword for all 5 attacks, so as to benefit from its AP 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I thought pistols could just be used in melee.
How do you tell the difference between 'basic melee weapons' and ones where you can use their weapon profile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Johnson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Greendan wrote:
Oh, I thought pistols could just be used in melee.
How do you tell the difference between 'basic melee weapons' and ones where you can use their weapon profile?

The weapon will be listed in the Melee Weapons list in your codex. They will also have "Melee" listed as part of the Type. Some weapons might have a shooting and a melee profile in which they can be used in either phase using the corresponding profile. Look in the reference section of your codex and read through the Ranged Weapons and Melee Weapons tables and it will list everything out for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantin Valdor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan, IIRC correctly you are right; pistols can be used in hand to hand combat; and you can choose which weapon profile you use. I will have a dig around! I presume we're talking second edition here and not the current edition....in which case I'll go and get back in my box!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.