8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Card drafting, the best of... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tysoch Tysoch
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi there, after looking through my collection I have noticed that I don't own a game with card drafting as the primary mechanic. Are there any games you know of that pull this mechanic off well?
Generally games that accommodate more players are greater than less players also we tend to like games that are on the shorter side, 2 hours tops

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders would be an obvious choice (up to 7, short playtime)

Among the Stars is also very good (up to 4 w/o expansion, moderate playtime)

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also look into Notre Dame, where you do a card draft to determine what orders to play during turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
You can also look into Notre Dame, where you do a card draft to determine what orders to play during turns.

Sushi Go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
Manhattan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Legends. Even though the drafting element is very light, it still feels significant and even late into the game you'll be commenting about a good draft you made early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
Fairy Tale is perhaps the most distilled form of the mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go was what I was going to recommend also, it's very light, works more as a filler. If you want a game where drafting is the main mechanic though, it's a good place to start.

Among the Stars looks great, but it's out of print at the moment, I've had my eye on it for a while now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
M√ľnster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapa Nui

Very interesting card drafting/scoring-combined mechanism. Plays 2-4 (best with 3 imho) in about 40 min.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.