Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!
It's been a while since I posted my last question here, but here I'm back again with a new one, this time regarding the Wrathborn Wand. It says:

"If your attack roll is lower than your Craft value, roll 1 die and add the result to your attack score."

Does this include both Psychic Combat and Battle? Since it has another bonus for Psychic Combat, we concluded that this second ability only works in Psychic Combat, but it doesn't really say that either, so we were not sure how to handle this ability...

If it is used in Battle as well, would it be counted as a "strenght bonus", so that you could not use it together with your Dragon Bracelet? The card text of the Dragon Bracelet reads:

"You cannot count any bonuses to your Strength from other Objects, Followers, Spells, or special abilities."

Thanks alot!
Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Street
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only use it in psychic combat. The Rage Talon & Windlord Amulet from the Highland Expansion are included in the latest FAQ, which confirms that any text on a weapon applies to whether or not it is used in battle or psychic combat, not both.

Ell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thank you! And how about the Dragon Bracelet? Does It only forbid boni that are directly added to your Strenght score? Or does the restriction include modifications of the attack roll in Battle as well ? (For example by the Sword of Truth)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Street
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'A character’s Strength at any time is the character’s Strength value, plus Strength counters, plus any Strength gained from Followers, Magic Objects, and Objects that may be used at that time.' + the restriction of Spells and Special Abilities from the Dragon Bracelet itself.

You may still adjust attack rolls during any battle though.

Ell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathias van butsele
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if I "Enchant blade" the wrathborn wand in order to activate its 3rd ability in battle ? forbidden ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stranigie wrote:
What if I "Enchant blade" the wrathborn wand in order to activate its 3rd ability in battle ? forbidden ?

The full texts of the relevant items/spells:

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Wrathborn_Wand

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Enchant_Blade

strictly as written, i don't see a reason why Enchant Blade cannot be used on the Wrathborn Wand, but i very seriously doubt that Enchant Blade is intended to be allowed on any Weapon which itself is not a "Battle" weapon (as opposed to a "Psychic Combat" weapon).

FWIW, trying to combo those sounds very "munchiny" to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
FWIW, trying to combo those sounds very "munchiny" to me.

When it comes to this kind of thing, I make a judgement based on two things:
1: How likely is this to happen?
2: How powerful/game-breaking is it?

'Enchant Wand' isn't likely to happen very often.
If it does it depends on the character's craft value.
The Troll with this combo doesn't gain anything, but the Wizard gets a potentially significant boost (reminder that you must roll lower, not equal, so at best you can first roll a 4).

I'd allow it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.