13 Posts

Cave Evil» Forums » General

Subject: Updates? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to see a bit of new about progress, especially about the game boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Blackwizard
United States
Cold Cliff Castle
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried the New Map several times and it is great, none on a board just yet though. Otherwise, lots of components at the various factories...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Game boards will be the final print. We'll work with the budget we have after the rest is built. We just didn't collect the best amount for those boards. Probably printing 500. Pre sales for boards is still up at our shopify address!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barker
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
Any estimate yet on when things might start shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they'll be at Essen selling their other game for the year, plus this is the busy time of year for most manufacturers as they try and prep for the holidays...

Based on my experience with Kickstarter projects it's usually six to twelve months from funding to shipping (although the actual numbers can vary a lot). This makes me think it will ship early next year - but I have no special insights into this project and no basis for saying that other than experience with other crowdfunded games.

So it might be shipping tomorrow. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Blackwizard
United States
Cold Cliff Castle
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can safely say not next year, and not tomorrow! Sometime on this side of in between the two. Many factory workers have Cave Evil on their minds at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
1000scorpions wrote:
I can safely say not next year, and not tomorrow! Sometime on this side of in between the two. Many factory workers have Cave Evil on their minds at the moment.

Sounds good to me! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barker
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
Ok, so probably not before Samhain. I tried getting Fury of Dracula for this time of year with no luck. Maybe I'll settle for Letters from White Chapel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
according to a tweet from their twitter account on the 22nd of October.

Quote:
Cave Evil➴demonpath↡ ‏@CaveEvil 22 Oct:
Alas, the hopeful Samhain deadline will not come to pass. But, do know November will be a dire month during which all pre-orders will ship!

https://twitter.com/CaveEvil/status/392746953651396609
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Blackwizard
United States
Cold Cliff Castle
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbzhlfGPgec
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Necromantic summoning demands this hallowed cacophony.
http://youtu.be/0vwYqEihTpQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Blackwizard
United States
Cold Cliff Castle
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"UPDATE! We were hoping all parts would be ready to pick up this week to be boxed but A few elements are still in limbo: as for the base game, Box and Rule Book. And those still stuck in the extras department: the board and bandanas.

Manufacturers gave us a date of "close to Dec 6" for box, but told us not to set that in stone. The bandana and rules will be finished well before that. These companies are doing a fantastic job, and at this stage we can't really rush them along.

In some cases they have never worked with board game elements. The die cut pieces on the first edition alone took 4 weeks to set up. They had never cut game pieces before and the pieces would scatter everywhere after each pop for several weeks. Eventually they wrangled the die.

As soon as we have games in our hands shipping will commence, starting with order #1001 and going up. If elements, such as the board are still not in our hands at this time we'll address every board-less order and return to those orders as soon as we have them.

Darkest apologies for delay!"
11/26/13/e.e.e.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
1000scorpions wrote:
"UPDATE! We were hoping all parts would be ready to pick up this week to be boxed but A few elements are still in limbo: as for the base game, Box and Rule Book. And those still stuck in the extras department: the board and bandanas.

Manufacturers gave us a date of "close to Dec 6" for box, but told us not to set that in stone. The bandana and rules will be finished well before that. These companies are doing a fantastic job, and at this stage we can't really rush them along.

In some cases they have never worked with board game elements. The die cut pieces on the first edition alone took 4 weeks to set up. They had never cut game pieces before and the pieces would scatter everywhere after each pop for several weeks. Eventually they wrangled the die.

As soon as we have games in our hands shipping will commence, starting with order #1001 and going up. If elements, such as the board are still not in our hands at this time we'll address every board-less order and return to those orders as soon as we have them.

Darkest apologies for delay!"
11/26/13/e.e.e.

Thank you for the update and it sounds like things are going really well. The delays you're facing are pretty minor compared to things I've had happen on other crowdsourced campaigns, so take it in stride.

I had boards on my order and I'm fine with waiting until they're done. Again, thank you very, very much for going forward with the mounted boards. It will increase my ability to get this game to the table many times over. And that's a Good Thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.