Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.
I have 2 unread geekmails that I suspect I have received at the beginning of time.
I have searched the first 20 pages of my inbox and can't find them.
My inbox is 241 pages long.

Is there an easy way to spot them?

thanks for any insights!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
War Weasel
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talk less! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed eh?
another fan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
1. Click the 'Select read' link.
2. Click the Archive button - the only stuff left in your inbox will be the unread items.

Regularly archive nything you want to keep, but have read and dealt with. This moves it out of your inbox but doesn't delete it (you can get back to it by using the 'All' link in the left menu). This keeps your inbox clutter free and makes unread stuff easier to spot.

Optionally, you can also apply one or more labels to mails, and use those to get back to groups of mails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
many thanks - I was not aware of that feature!

unfortunately this does not provide a solution though, because it only selects messages from the page that is in view. My 2 unread messages seem to be lost somewhere among 241 pages.

also, I would not want to move my whole inbox to the "All" section. I'd like to save a click or two when having to check older mails.

again many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base the Bass wrote:
My inbox is 241 pages long.

Well, there's your problem!

Archive or delete mail after reading it. Empty (or near-empty) inbox is your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I poked around my own inbox (only 2 pages, but it gave me some things to try) and could not figure any way to do what you are asking. I set something on page 2 as unread, and tried to figure out a way to get to it without paging through the box, to no avail.

But, it did give me incentive to trim my own in- and out- boxes to less than 1 full page each! So, I guess that's something (for me... doesn't help you one bit!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
Regularly archive nything you want to keep, but have read and dealt with. This moves it out of your inbox but doesn't delete it (you can get back to it by using the 'All' link in the left menu). This keeps your inbox clutter free and makes unread stuff easier to spot.

Sweet, I think I was vaguely aware of this. Just archived 5 pages of inbox.

Base the Bass wrote:
many thanks - I was not aware of that feature!

unfortunately this does not provide a solution though, because it only selects messages from the page that is in view. My 2 unread messages seem to be lost somewhere among 241 pages.

also, I would not want to move my whole inbox to the "All" section. I'd like to save a click or two when having to check older mails.

Well, your whole inbox is already in the "all" section. But, I think I see what you mean (you'd rather have it also remain in the inbox section).

I will say that each page that you archive only takes two clicks (all, archive). In my case, I wanted to keep page 1, so I moved to page 2. I hit all, archive - and now what was formerly page 3 was now page 2. I just kept alternating between "all" and "archive", so should you decide to go that route, it does go very fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.