Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i don't believe it's possible...I believe all the cards have more than 1 spot on them for placement, and you are only allowed to occupy one spot in a building...that said, you may certainly be able to limit their options by taking the first spot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
You can certainly take more than four barrels, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Auctioning (Almost) All The Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly legal, and can be quite powerful!

In my last 4p game, I landed on the 4-barrel spot, and then the 3-barrel spot. During the voyage, all other players only had 1 or 2 barrels, while I had the full range.

This had a double effect:
- I had access to regions 3 and 4 without any competition. The only downside is that the governor and admiral (if not you) will probably put the high-value defense tokens there.
- The other players were in strong competition in regions 1 and 2, meaning overall they were defeated at more locations and therefore gained fewer points than usual during their voyage.

Instead of barrels, grabbing most of one type of resource (trade goods, crew, or guns) is probably good too, as you'll have less competition in particular locations (trading/cities/ships), but I think less effective because player can adapt their voyage to fit whatever other resources they could get and still gain a comfortable amount of VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.