Subject: The rulebook for Vikings is up! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link for english rulebook for you.

http://www.rebel.pl/go/VikingsRules

If you have any questions ask please here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, now that is a short rulebook! Not that it is a bad thing, but not used to anything less than 20 pages these days.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you understand all things or do you have any questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MacTele wrote:
Do you understand all things or do you have any questions?

Not yet!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I have a question. The section covering actions is really muddled. Can you tell me exactly which actions are STANDARD? You got me confused with being able to play any number of action cards vs Standard actions.

The rulebook needs to be organized better with the standard actions listed in bold and kept under a seperate heading from other non-standard actions. Just my 2 cents.

Other than that, it looks like a nice, easy game that should be pretty easy to explain and fun at the same time.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Kaznocha
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
Teamski wrote:
OK, I have a question. The section covering actions is really muddled. Can you tell me exactly which actions are STANDARD? You got me confused with being able to play any number of action cards vs Standard actions.

The rulebook needs to be organized better with the standard actions listed in bold and kept under a seperate heading from other non-standard actions. Just my 2 cents.

-Ski

You have all the standard actions listed on the last page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
kazzieh wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

You have all the standard actions listed on the last page.

Ahh... I missed that. Perfect, thanks!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Krasikov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, I have some questions. Sorry for my English in advance.

- Are there any rules for less then 4 players? Maybe less action cards or different victory conditions?

- Can I play a card which will take no effect? For example, play a wind card with wrong direction, or play a hero-related card if I have no heroes.

- Can I simply discard cards for no reason?

- Can I discard a crew member for no reason?

- Does "After the active player completes an action" step happens after rowing?

- Can I move the sea monster to the village? It's not a harbor, so, yes, I suppose.

- Can I move the sea monster as a reaction to block player's movement?

- Victory condition: The game ends immediately when a player has three daughters of thanes.... At the moment this is achieved (at the end of the Feast),...
In other words, do I have to take three Feasts to win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Denis, here are the answers:

1. For three players rules are the same. There is really no need for that.
You play more then 3,4 cards in the turn rarely. It is because you get only two cards a turn and you want to have some cards in your hand for later turns.
2. No. You can exchange cards as standard action.
3. No. It is really not good idea cause cards are your only resorcie in the gamę and cards are very usefull here.
4. No. You can only replace them or put a daughter to your camp in your harbor.
5. No. Rowing ends turn imidiatly.
6. Monster can be put at the village.
7. There is a card which let you replace monster. You can use it after other players action, not as reaction but in other player action phase.
8. No. You have to have three different coloured daughters in your camp. You can do it in one feast action or in three. In one feast action you can place as many daughters as you have in your drakkar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ID 12398 Yosif Videlov
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. Rules are quite clear but i do not like the fact that there's no penalty for losing a battle with the sea monster. Random discards from hand and from ship board if no cards in hand should be normal outcome (the monster snatches crew or resources when you attempt to flee from battle). And a variant where you can rescue your thane's daughter from another player's camp could be interesting too - although i am not sure how will this affect game length and mechanics wise. Looting other player villages could result in some card draws too in addition to thane daughter. Just some ideas for variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Teległow
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We really tried many variants for monster. You will see his power when you will be stoped with two drakkars just behind and third daughter on board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: Foxit Reader can't open the PDF, says "format error: not a PDF or corrupted". I can view it in Firefox though (with the bullets showing as "t[]" which is probably the error).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew phillips
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I think I'm a little more confused that no-one seems to have brought up the problem I've encountered....

I bought the game at Essen last year along with a stack of others taller than myself, for numerous reasons (mostly health related) I find that it is one of 3 games from that trip that I am still yet to play.

So I open it up, set everything in place and am explaining rules to my children as I read them...until we hit Sequence of Play on page 2...

..A longship can move in the directions of 2 particular runes, but cannot move in the direction of 2 others...

According to the markings on the board, this would mean that Yellow cannot leave harbour, nor can Blue, whilst White and Red can leave harbour via 2 directions but must immediately return there.

Other than that(being unable to even start the game), it looks like fun although I cannot for the life of me understand why it has a suggested age of 14+ (9 or 10 year olds would easily grasp and enjoy the mechanics of the game)

It currently remains on the shelf until there is a solution, or I become motivated enough to establish a house rule to combat this problem.

Its probably something stupid like switch the runes over

Lovely looking game, can't wait to play it, will reserve rating till played

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RikkaLarn wrote:
So I open it up, set everything in place and am explaining rules to my children as I read them...until we hit Sequence of Play on page 2...

..A longship can move in the directions of 2 particular runes, but cannot move in the direction of 2 others...

Hmm, you seem to be interpreting an example situation (illustration with italicized caption text below it) as a general rule...?

Quote:
According to the markings on the board, this would mean that Yellow cannot leave harbour, nor can Blue, whilst White and Red can leave harbour via 2 directions but must immediately return there.

Hmm? If there's a rune in the desired direction, then a ship can move in that direction. E.g. from the yellow harbor, you can move north or south, since there are runes in the north and south directions of that example yellow harbor space.

rules wrote:
Each space has icons marking the directions in which a
longship can move from that space to neighboring spaces.
If a space doesn’t have an icon in a given direction, then a
longship may not leave that space in that direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew phillips
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol yes I did......jumped the gun just a little blush

Cheers, though I seen your post as a result of having a lightbulb moment and was about to comment on my own post something along the lines of.....Doh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.