Toby Jones
Netherlands
Utrecht
Nederland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says it all really.
In the rules, new cards are played face up or down depending on the arrow on the die, however we (my 6yr old son and I) found that boring, as there's no memory aspect to choosing cards, just luck. Yes, sometimes you have more chance if you're looking for 'higher' than 30, say, but it's still just luck.
By playing all new cards face up, the game becomes more of an observational game and the players have to work out if there are any cards they can reach that satisfy the requirements laid out by the dice. They then have the option of pushing their luck if they want by taking a face down card, which might be an option for 'higher than 30' but less appealing if it's 'odd'.
It's a simple change, but it meant my son will play a whole game rather than jacking it in after a few cards, so I think it works!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.