Johnny
msg tools
When using blessings to boost your chances in checks; is it allowed to discard a blessing after a [failed] die roll or do you have to use any blessings on before hand?

Also, how do you resolve combat without any items? What attribute is used to determine the die type for, let say, Lem?

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
Blessings have to be used before the die roll. Currently the only modifier you can use after the roll is the luckstone.

The default skills for combat are strength and melee if you do not have a card that sets the combat check such as a weapon or spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanouil Karakostas
Greece
Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You prepare and gather your dice, by weapons , spells, items, blessing,
only before the actual roll.

After dice are rolled no adding is permitted, unless otherwise specified
e.g. the spear rerolls...

Combat is resolved by using your strength of melee, unless otherwise stated.
If you don't have anything just roll the strength or melee die , of yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
msg tools
Ok, thx!

Another problem occurred; can an allys Perception skill be used in a check even though my main hero doesn't have the Perception skill?

In this case I want to use a Night Watch in a check to defeat an Ambush even though I'm playing as Valeros, and therefor don't have the Perception skill.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the Nightwatch's D10 yeah but Valeros himself will be only rolling a D4, as that's the default you use when you don't have the skill the check calls for.

So in total you'll be rolling D4+D10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Trowell
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you don't have the skill, then you can still roll 1d4 for the check and then add the ally bonus if it is applicable to the situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.