Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojtek Wojcik
Poland
Kraków(Cracow)
Malopolska
flag msg tools
designer
I very much like designing games but I think I prefer to play them.
badge
Metallum ... game I most proud of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me tell you about a world. Futuristic world. Humans never left the Earth. FTL travel was invented but it turned out to be deadly to all lifeforms. So we stayed behind and send out factory ships in our place. Colossal, remotely controlled, automated, able to produce other ships and structures including mobile Extractors capable setting up mining operations. To drill, excavate, mine raw materials and transport them back to our home system. In no time countless systems in our galaxy were visited by a factory ships. Their planets were swarmed by Extractors striping them of all that can be considered at least a bit valuable. Few years later the ship and extractors would move on. Crumbling installations on surfaces left to the silence of space.

Then we have discovered that some long forgotten system holds Metallum - substance that might allow us to leave our system. Whichever corporation will get the rights to mine it on the industry scale stands to gain the real profits of this discovery. Two corporations are left in the running. Test mining will determine who will claim the highly sought after permit.

So you are a factory ship pilot. One of the best in the world. You will get the exclusive rights to extract metallum for your employer and score astronomically large bonus! There is one problem though. Pilot working for the other firm plans to do the same. He will fight you to the last of the extractors, to the last drop of energy in his factory ship and until there is at least one subroutine left to be activated. He will not play it nice and let you build your infrastructure in peace. He will disturb it at the least and might even openly destroy parts of it and ... damn you will do the same!

This the world in which our game takes place ... it took us a very long time to create it ... especially that the game started somewhere else, in a totally different world. Please stay tuned for part two when I will talk about this "old" world and how it allowed us to lay foundations for what makes our game fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.