United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Derp, the link is a zip of a PDF so my iPad can't open it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
YEAH, BABY, YEAH!!!

Ahem... excuse me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
clydeiii wrote:

Did you try holding the link and then "open as new tab"? I did that and it gave me options on where I'd like to open the file. I selected iBooks but that didn't work so I sent it to iZip (there's a free version) which extracted the zip and then allowed me to open the pdf in iBook. Fairly convoluted but it worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. I don't have iZip is the issue.

Anyway, they should not zip up PDFs, since PDFs are already a compressed file format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. Going to check out the rules as soon as I have time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hauke Mewes
msg tools
mb
Well, but their pdfcreator does not compress very well... .zip with ca. 7MB, .pdf with ca. 50MB...
So zipping actually is a good idea here.
DerWaldschrat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i downloaded to pc, unzipped, emailed to myself, opened email on ipad, tapped to download file, then tapped top right of screen to save in ibooks.
job done, on ipad now.

shame they zipped it, ipads dont like zips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

You can open zip files on iPad. Just download the free app that do so. WinZip...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

You can open zip files on iPad. Just download the free app that do so. WinZip...

But... Ipad (or at least mine) simply will not download zip file in the first place, where does it download too?
If there is a way to do it, I genuinely would be very happy for someone to reply how it is done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

But... Ipad (or at least mine) simply will not download zip file in the first place, where does it download too?
If there is a way to do it, I genuinely would be very happy for someone to reply how it is done

If you have the izip app it will download it then you extract it and open it i ibooks. I just did it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klemens Franz
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the ZIP-problems. I have an ipad myself and one of the first Apps was a ZIP programm ... ;-)

The PDFs can be found directly here:

http://lookoutgames.datenaustausch.net/20131003_CAVERNA/Cave...
http://lookoutgames.datenaustausch.net/20131003_CAVERNA/Cave...

Cheers,
Klemens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
biffta wrote:
poifpoif wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

See my post near the top of the thread.

Basically document types can get associated with particular apps. A remote link will get passed onto the app to do with as it pleases. In the case of iZip it decompresses the zip and extracts its contents into some internal folders. You can actually read the pdf within iZip but can also forward it on to iBooks.

Worked fine for me. No PC required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No probs on my Surface, too. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, got it, can download zip to ipad and unzip and save. Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - I saw there were 15 posts to this thread and expected some comments on the rules themselves rather than zip file issues! Anyone actually read them yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here are my initial thoughts:

4 longish supply boards to organize the Furnishing tiles
"longish" I guess there isn't a good word for that
Maybe it is LOTR talking but I like "Dwarves" as the plural

Higher scoring than Agricola (80 is suggested as a decent score for newbs - with 100 "easily beatable by experienced players")

No hearths needed to eat animals

It is nice they call out differences from Agricola

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It seems more open ended than Agricola and also simpler, no need to buy stuff to eat animals or cook veggies.

It incorporates all the "cut down trees and change your board" from Farmers of the Moor.

As many action cards as spaces available, I was hoping for a bit of a randomizer in here, it's always the same road ahead as in Agricola.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tinwë
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Donkeys!! ^^
mbmbmbmbmb
This is maybe explained in Appendix A, or will be obvious by seeing the supply boards, but it's not clear to me what are the differences between the introductory game and the full game. Also I'm not sure I understand how the Furnishing tiles are set up. In particular, will all the 47 unique Furnishing tiles be available in every game, or just a selection of them?

On a side note, there is a typo in page 17: in the grey box there is "2 spieler" instead of "2 players". Any idea how to notify this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Goodreader will handle it just fine.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tinwe wrote:

On a side note, there is a typo in page 17: in the grey box there is "2 spieler" instead of "2 players". Any idea how to notify this?

Thanks for catching this. It wil be changed for future prints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Questions I had after a once-over of the rules--maybe they're answered in there and I missed them.

Can you buy a "dwelling" furnishing any time you're purchasing a furnishing, or only when taking the specific "furnish a dwelling" action?

It says you buy tiles for rubies "at any time" (page 17's ruby explanation only specifically says "at any time" for the conversion to goods, but the page 16 tip says "at any time" in regards to buying tunnels, also). But the tile-buying sections also seem to stress that you can only get a single tile. Is that just being clear that one ruby buys you one tile, or are you limited to buying one tile with rubies per action (in which case tile-buying can't be "at any time")? If you had no meadows, wanted to place a large pasture, and had two rubies, could you buy two single-tile meadows and then place the pasture, or not? Same for tunnels/ore mines? Can you buy multiple single-tile fields before sowing?

What's the difference between "and/or" and "and then/or"? You could do the former's actions out of order if you wished?

When building pastures, you can build both a large and a small? (I would have expected an "and/or" on the card for this...) When sowing, you can sow two vegetable fields and two grain fields? (I'm pretty sure that's what it says, but it hangs on the word "each" and the prior paragraph talks about sowing vegetables "instead of" grain.)

Is there any benefit to having donkeys in the mines, or is it just living space for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
"single tile" does not refer to "one tile" but to the tiles that only cover a single space on your board. There are "single tiles" and "twin tiles". The latter cover 2 spaces on your board.

The difference between "and/or" and "and then/or" is addressed in the appendix. "and then/or" indicates that it never makes sense to do the second action before the first. A simple "and/or" indicates that you could do them in either order.

You can build both, small and large pastures. You can sow both, grain and vegetables, each of which you can sow up to 2 times.

Some furnishing tiles provide benefits for donkeys in mines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Detsky
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the Appendix available for download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.