Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering, when it says that the units of an Out of Command leader cannot move adjacent to an enemy unit, does this include cavalry charging after finishing their movement? As charge movement is deemed not to be movement for certain other rules, I was wondering if moving adjacent to an enemy unit through charge is seen as not breaking 7.6c?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charge movement is SCM, not Movement, therefore the In Command status of the Command Leader is not relevant.

You may want to re-read 7.6c carefully, though, as these rules were drafted with specific conditions in mind. First, the penalties are related to entering an enemy unit's Zone of Control. If the units of an Out of Command Leader are on the flank or rear of an opponent, there's nothing to stop them from advancing to the attack. Secondly, if the units in question are already adjacent to the Zone of Control and have adequate Movement Point to enter the Zone of Control, they may do so even if their Command Leader is Out of Command (don't forget that entering an enemy Zone of Control costs one additional Movement Point).

An Out of Command unit suffers the harsher penalties in 7.6d. An Out of Command cavalry unit could might be able to enter an enemy Zone of Control as per the restrictions of 7.6c, but could not attack in Close Combat. Reaction and Opportunity Charges can be attempted regardless of In Command status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the swift reply, with the help of the Primer and the rules, I'm slowly playing through Melle 9, and enjoying it. I assumed SCM did not count as movement, and as it happened they were charging into the rear of a unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.