Subject: Why is this priced 'Premium'? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been looking at this game, and the mechanics do seem very interesting. The components seem pretty low-qality but that's not normally a huge deal, Mayfair is known for the lighter stuff(like Alea) and that's just how it is. However This game seems to be clocking in at about $50 even online, which is about $10 more than most other healthy euros, and is square in the middle range of the games that come with solid rulesets AND a big pile of high quality components. Is scarcity a factor? Is there more in the box that I'm just not seeing? I'm not here to bash the game, just trying to figure out why it is priced where it is in the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair will only allow a 10% discount for their games. It is what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jschlickbernd wrote:
Mayfair will only allow a 10% discount for their games. It is what it is.

Thank for the info. I don't understand that policy, I am sure they have their reasons but -1 customer count for them in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Snell
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Not to overly defend Mayfair here, but this game was originally going to have a price point of $70.00 Though many comments have been made to the stark contrast of the components, and the perceived lack in quality, there are a lot of components in the box. If people give this game a chance, I think you will really enjoy it if you like economic driven board games.

I played the game a year ago during a Mayfair public beta-test at a local convention. We played the game with prototype cards and poker chips, and as soon as the game started I no longer cared about what the components were made of. So perhaps I am biased. When I was told back then that game might retail at $70.00 I knew for sure I was going to pick up a copy. Sure enough it has come out, and I picked it up already at this lower price, and now I can't wait to play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.