Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules change in Lost Legion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I'm fairly new to Mage Knight, and though I've contemplated getting the Lost Legion expansion, I'm worried the added complication might overwhelm me (though I have to say, I'm pretty good now with the base game rules...finally...although I still tend to forget steps!).

In any event, I was reading through the LL rules and was struck by this:

The rules have changed a bit. You are allowed to play move and influence effects anytime during your turn (i.e. anytime when you are allowed to play special effects). I realize the new rule was necessary because the effect of some new cards can be altered by playing Influence Points later in your turn.

But can I take this rule change to mean that one can now...

1. Move your figure with Move Points.
2. Attack and defeat a Mage Tower.
3. Play Influence Points to recruit a Unit at the Mage Tower.

... all in the same turn? Or is that not what the rule change is meant to imply?

Thanks in advance. (And am I right in assuming that I probably should master MK before stepping up to LL? I'm not sure if I'm ready for new rules right now.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Worcester
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
I'm fairly new to Mage Knight, and though I've contemplated getting the Lost Legion expansion, I'm worried the added complication might overwhelm me (though I have to say, I'm pretty good now with the base game rules...finally...although I still tend to forget steps!).

In any event, I was reading through the LL rules and was struck by this:

The rules have changed a bit. You are allowed to play move and influence effects anytime during your turn (i.e. anytime when you are allowed to play special effects). I realize the new rule was necessary because the effect of some new cards can be altered by playing Influence Points later in your turn.

But can I take this rule change to mean that one can now...

1. Move your figure with Move Points.
2. Attack and defeat a Mage Tower.
3. Play Influence Points to recruit a Unit at the Mage Tower.

... all in the same turn? Or is that not what the rule change is meant to imply?

Thanks in advance. (And am I right in assuming that I probably should master MK before stepping up to LL? I'm not sure if I'm ready for new rules right now.)

No - you still only get one action per turn, and assaulting a mage tower and recruiting are both actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What it means is that you can play cards that say “Move X” or “Influence Y” outside of movement or interaction. For example:

• At a maze or labyrinth, you need to generate movement points after your movement step to enter.

• When fighting a cumbersome enemy, you may generate movement points to reduce the magnitude of its attack.

• Some advanced action cards let you convert Move or Influence points into Attack or Block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Thanks for clarifying. That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can generate move and influence at any time. But you can only spend them in certain ways at certain times doing certain things.

For example you recruit at a mage tower by spending your turn's action as "interact with locals". Only when interacting can you spend influence to recruit (or learn spells).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sumit K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hijack, but when healing at a monastery/village, is that considered interacting with locals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
gain wrote:
Sorry to hijack, but when healing at a monastery/village, is that considered interacting with locals?

Yes. If you're paying Influence to heal at those locations you're interacting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.