Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to talk strategy with others for BurrEato 2013! Rudy, you'd better either start up this year's thread or start a guild.

This year's Geeklist.

Last year's thread.
Last year's geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
Re: Why is there no BurrEato/burrito guild???
This thread will work.

Welcome to BurrEato talk. I'm your host tickmanfan. Let's open the line to some callers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Semi-Official BurrEato 2013 thread! 30 Burritos, 30 days. You can do it!
Thread title changed to attract participants and leech thumbs.

Quote:
Welcome to BurrEato talk. I'm your host tickmanfan. Let's open the line to some callers.

Hi Tick, long time fan, second time participant. BurrEato 2013 is giong to be a big change from last year. I'm doing a full-time internship downtown which is very close to two good burrito places (making on-the-go burrito eating easy), but I also have less time to prepare meals at home to prepare burritos. Overall, this year should be quite a bit more expensive than last year, and also more of a struggle since I'll probably be eating single big burritos for meals rather than double-fisting two smaller burritos at home.

Question: Do you like your burritos wet or dry? One of my regular burrito joints tends to put a lot of burrito sauce/sour cream/not sure what the third bottle is on their burritos which makes the end-game a huge mess. I think next time I go there, I'm going to try it sauce-less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tick; thanks for taking my call.
I'd like to know if it is too early in the morning to see the phrase "double fisting"? I thought that I was awake and alert when I opened this thread but now I know that I'm awake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife respectfully asked me to not participate in this contest this year. I'm sure I'll have a burrito or two during the month, but I won't be going for the record again this year.

Besides, I don't think it's a coincidence that my weight-gain started at about the same time as this contest last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Question: Do you like your burritos wet or dry? One of my regular burrito joints tends to put a lot of burrito sauce/sour cream/not sure what the third bottle is on their burritos which makes the end-game a huge mess. I think next time I go there, I'm going to try it sauce-less.

Hi, thank for calling and welcome to BurrEato talk. Wow, it sounds like your plate is full.

To answer your question, I prefer my burritos dry so I can pick them up and stuff them in my mouth. That said, I wouldn't turn down a wet burrito... unless it didn't use any soap.

Next caller please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Hi Tick; thanks for taking my call.
I'd like to know if it is too early in the morning to see the phrase "double fisting"? I thought that I was awake and alert when I opened this thread but now I know that I'm awake.

Hi, and welcome to BurrEato talk.

It's never to early to double fist... unless that costs extra.
//giggles

Next caller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I'm sure I'll have a burrito or two during the month, but I won't be going for the record again this year.

Are you out of pepper flakes? This year's batch is done and ready for some contest winners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
My wife respectfully asked me to not participate in this contest this year.

If your wife respectfully asked you to jump off a bridge, I suppose you'd do that too, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Verkisto wrote:
My wife respectfully asked me to not participate in this contest this year.

If your wife respectfully asked you to jump off a bridge, I suppose you'd do that too, huh?

Nobody likes a quitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
My wife respectfully asked me to not participate in this contest this year. I'm sure I'll have a burrito or two during the month, but I won't be going for the record again this year.

Besides, I don't think it's a coincidence that my weight-gain started at about the same time as this contest last year.

Condolences to you. The only stipulation my wife ever puts on my burrito consumption is that I must use a knife and fork. Of course, that only works when she can see me eating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll approach this as I do all homework assignments/work projects - wait until the last minute, then try and do the whole thing in the last few remaining days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Verkisto wrote:
I'm sure I'll have a burrito or two during the month, but I won't be going for the record again this year.

Are you out of pepper flakes? This year's batch is done and ready for some contest winners.

I'm still working my way through them. They're spicy! Did you know that? I took a whiff of them when I first opened the jar and coughed for the next seventeen days!

tatoolo wrote:

You must be single. Otherwise, you would know the answer to that question.

Bearcat89 wrote:
The only stipulation my wife ever puts on my burrito consumption is that I must use a knife and fork. Of course, that only works when she can see me eating.

Ask her if a shovel would also be acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if I can do it this year full on like last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have confidence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished third last year and regret that I will be involved in this years monumental contest in a nominal way. My new best friend (my cardiologist) is frowning at my participation (he thinks it could kill me and he needs the income stream from my heart issues).

I will sign up, eat a couple of fine burritos and cheer on the participants from my well worn chair.

Best of luck to all of us you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So simply one burrito a day... sounds easy and delicious. Or is this some sort of contest to eat the most burritos? If so at what point does a burrito become small enough to be called a soft taco?

Do people post recipes? I was looking to make myself some breakfast burritos and freeze them for re-nuking in the morning (or whenever as breakfast is a relative term).

Also I make some pretty good vegetarian burritos with black or red beans and lots of veggies.

Salsa can be low calorie and is not that hard to make which significantly lowers the sodium depending on what you put in it.

I am down for this and I'm hoping for some great burrito ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tickmanfan,

As a foreigner I don't understand the difference between a burrito, enchilada and fajita. Are they all essentially the same, but folded differently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
they are completely different in my experience..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:

Yeah, I'll shoot for the microbadge, but won't eat competitively.

Once I get enough burrito MBs to fill all my slots, I'll probably slow down to maybe 15 in the month.

Gettin' too old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will fruit bat burritos be on the menu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:

Once I get enough burrito MBs to fill all my slots, I'll probably slow down to maybe 15 in the month.

Gettin' too old.

I gotta get another MB too.

It's not really a stomach/age/health etc.. thing. It's more along the lines that I have so much going on that I don't think I will have the focus to compete. I was really gonna make a run for the pepper flakes too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greendan wrote:
Hi Tickmanfan,

As a foreigner I don't understand the difference between a burrito, enchilada and fajita. Are they all essentially the same, but folded differently?

To some there are HUGE differences. To Rudy (historically) for the sake of Burreato the definition of Burrito is very broad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ahoy Tickmanfan:

What is the difference between a soft taco and a burrito?

The presence of vegetable matter? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
jeffwiles wrote:
AvidHunter wrote:

Gettin' too old.

I gotta get another MB too.

It's not really a stomach/age/health etc.. thing. It's more along the lines that I have so much going on that I don't think I will have the focus to compete. I was really gonna make a run for the pepper flakes too.

I still have some of the 2012 pepper flakes. I've had to enclose them in lead as they tend to burn through all other storage devices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.