Johnny
msg tools
I just ended my first game as written in the title. However this was in the absolute LAST round of the game.

In the last round I encountered an "Ambush" and failed that check. I went through the location deck (as instructed by the "Ambush" card)and the first monster I encountered was the Villain. I managed to beat the Villain.

So my question is, is the Villain regarded a monster in the fashion intended by the "failure to defeat"-option stated on the "Ambush" card?

Regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're ok there as long as the card has the little box where the type says "monster" and the ambush card says to find the next monster. He's ambushing you, so he's a little harder to beat, but you still are fighting him.

Cajuntechie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Does his card say "monster"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
msg tools
Geosphere wrote:

It does. It says "Villain" in the top right but where the "Check" requirements are stated (in the right margin of the picture) it says "Monster".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian @BoardGameMonster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djannih wrote:
Geosphere wrote:

It does. It says "Villain" in the top right but where the "Check" requirements are stated (in the right margin of the picture) it says "Monster".

Then it's a monster

Some of the Henchmen in the base set are not Monsters (you'll see in the second scenario) and I guess some Villains at some point might not be, but if they say "Monster" in the top right then that's what they are!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems legit so far, the next question is "Was it the last open location?". If that's a yes too, then you did indeed bet the scenario legitimately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I won a couple of the scenarios with Ambush turning up the villain as I was running out of time. It does have to be the last open location with the others either already closed or other characters at those locations able to temporarily close the location(s) (same closing check you just don't lose the cards there or do the when closing action).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.