7 Posts

Pizza Box Football» Forums » General

Subject: Can't download league rules or free downloads rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
doc andy
msg tools
Hi All,

Just got the game.love it, but can't download the league rules or free downloads. I enter my registered email but then I get the below error for the free downloads:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'pizzabox'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/pizzabox/public_html/freedownloads/validate.php on line 8
I cannot connect to the database because: Access denied for user 'pizzabox'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

and this error for the league tools:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'pizzabox'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/pizzabox/public_html/leaguetools/validate.php on line 8
I cannot connect to the database because: Access denied for user 'pizzabox'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I emailed tech support, left a voice mail, and also emailed the erik and scott smith but haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone else note this or could someone post or email me the free download/league rules?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doctorandy wrote:
I emailed tech support, left a voice mail, and also emailed the erik and scott smith but haven't heard anything back.

Doh! My geekmail back to you bounced because I forgot that replies through BGG have to come back through the same email account...

I don't think I can blame the site error on the government shutdown yuk because I see there's another thread where the issue occurred about a week ago.

I'll try to locate the files as well as get someone to take a look at the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doc andy
msg tools
Great, thank you!

If anyonelse has the files, please post them to the BGG site or email me directly. Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: just checked and the site appears to be working properly again. Let me know if you have any more problems...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bytheway
msg tools
Hey Scott,
I cannot download the league tools either. I am getting an error message after I enter my email...I don't know what the problem is...If you can fix it, that would be great! Thanks!
Please Reply,
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commandrew11 wrote:
I cannot download the league tools either. I am getting an error message after I enter my email...I don't know what the problem is...If you can fix it, that would be great! Thanks!

When I went in previously to check, I was using a prior registered email. Have you registered your email with the site? (It takes a couple of steps, but nothing out of the ordinary.)

Just registered a different email address and got to the page without any problems. So all looks to be OK at this point. Still, let me know if you can register but you still can't get in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bytheway
msg tools
Hey Scott,
It's still not working...Curses!

my email is: andrew.bytheway@comcast.net

I've tried the league tools, which doesn't work, but the free downloads does work for some weird reason. Thanks for helping me out!

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.