Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Couple of quick questions:

1) When I'm building my deck at the start of a game, how many cards do I put in a single deck? Is it 50?

2) In the first scenario out of the base game, there are some suggestions of which cards to use. Do I add cards to the ones that are suggested?

Thanks! Can't wait to try this out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll speak to the "easy" one: It's a minimum of 50 cards, though I usually float between 50 and 55. I'd also recommend at least 20 allies, taking care to watch how much they cost on average; you don't want too many high cost as you usually only get 3-5 resources a round.

Edit:

If you haven't played before you should probably try the precontructed decks they suggest. I would try out the Tactics (red) last, as it's generally the hardest to win with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of something that pops up every now and then with our group...

It's probably posted some where (honestly I don't feel like looking though hundreds of things to find it) this seams like a good time to ask.

Does the minimum 50 include the heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Tello
Spain
Oiartzun
Guip├║zcoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AvidHunter wrote:
Does the minimum 50 include the heroes?

Nope.

For newcomers, after trying preconstructed decks, is good idea to build 30 card decks bisphere. Once you get used to the game mechanics and flow, go for 50 card decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jared! Good to see you pick up this great game. Now just get out to the gaming events so we can actually play.

As a fellow new player, I suggest just ignoring any deck limits. There is actually nothing outside of the "tournament rules" that suggests a minimum. With one core set and a few adventure packs, you will struggle to even get a decent 40 card dual-sphere deck. There just isn't enough cards to hit 50 unless you fill it out with chaff that doesn't work toward your deck's focus.

I've been using 40, just to make my two decks even. I recently set up my decks for The Hobbit saga scenarios, and they are 48 cards. Based on this, I'd suggest aiming for 40 cards until you have a few adventure packs and a deluxe expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.