Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my list after several games.

1. You can move one of your scientists instead of claiming a new one after project propose on scientist grant slot. So you can move your scientist two times in this turn.
2. If you move your own scientist after an install or build, then you exhaust your scientist move action for this turn.
3. You don't have to move your own scientist after an installation.
4. You must pay one CEP for installations.
5. You can discard your company goal card for 8 dollars.
6. You can play or claim only one card per turn. So if you played a lobby card, you cannot claim a UN goal card in the same turn.
7. Every CEP comes from the market during the game, but goes back to the box when you spend it. One exception: selling one to the market.
8. You can sell or buy maximum one CEP per turn.
9. If the CEP cost raised in your turn, you cannot sell any more, but you can still buy.
10. Continents cannot "hold" any number of CEPS. The limit is equal to the number of plants can be built in the region.
11. You can spend CEPS for project propose from your controlled regions (from anywhere), but you cannot sell them to the market.
12. There are 4 end game conditions:
a, global co2 reaches 500 -> everybody loses,
b, global co2 _returns_ under 350ppm (in or after the 4th decade) -> game ends at the end of the decade,
c, If two region completely filled with green plants -> game ends at the end of the decade
d, After the 5th decade (or 6th in a 5-player game)
13. You never get CEP to your hand from the expertise track , but you can place one to a continent (don't forget the CEP limit)
14. You have to pay one technological resource to claim a UN goal card. (and you cannot play or discard any lobby card in the same turn)
15. You can still propose or install projects in a region which is full with green power plants, but you cannot construct any more.
16. Don't forget to pass the first player token to the left!
17. The expertise level required to build a power plant is equal to the number of tech resources it requires. That crane on the expertise tracks is just a reminder of the lowest requirement for plants of that type.
18. You can only propose energy types allowed by in a region. It's an easy mistake to make, even if you know that rule.
19. For the final Income Distribution at the end of the game, all players get income for all tracks (not just the 1st and 2nd positions and certainly in points instead of money).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is mine:

- The expertise level required to build a power plant is equal to the number of tech resources it requires. That crane on the expertise tracks is just a reminder of the lowest requirement for plants of that type.

Played that wrong a bunch of times until someone posted it on the forum and I said "that can't be right." Turns out it is.

Honestly, this list makes me a little mad. I love this game, but if I were the developer (not designer), I would have stripped out a bunch of the little gotchas that I feel just make the game more complicated rather than better.

Let me reiterate - I love this game. So no need to convince me I'm wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
10. Continents cannot "hold" any number of CEPS. The limit is the number of green power plants + number of vacant power plant places.

I believe that this is incorrect. According to the rules I have, the limit is the number of energy demand spaces for each region (e.g., 3 for Africa, 6 for Asia). So it is a fixed limit that does not change throughout the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:
fisha wrote:
10. Continents cannot "hold" any number of CEPS. The limit is the number of green power plants + number of vacant power plant places.

I believe that this is incorrect. According to the rules I have, the limit is the number of energy demand spaces for each region (e.g., 3 for Africa, 6 for Asia). So it is a fixed limit that does not change throughout the game.

You are right. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added, thank you.
I agree with you about the bunch of minor rules.

arkayn wrote:
Here is mine:

- The expertise level required to build a power plant is equal to the number of tech resources it requires. That crane on the expertise tracks is just a reminder of the lowest requirement for plants of that type.

Played that wrong a bunch of times until someone posted it on the forum and I said "that can't be right." Turns out it is.

Honestly, this list makes me a little mad. I love this game, but if I were the developer (not designer), I would have stripped out a bunch of the little gotchas that I feel just make the game more complicated rather than better.

Let me reiterate - I love this game. So no need to convince me I'm wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Chan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, for "the secret goal card", this is not an action for any use, discard it anytime for 8 dollar~ even not your turn!

and then >
end game condition B >
global co2 _returns_ under 350ppm Must at least after 4th decades, cannot end at third decade if u make it~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I said "easily overlooked".
Thank you. Fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fisha wrote:
Here is my list after several games.

1. You can move one of your scientists instead of claiming a new one after project propose. So you can move your scientist two times in this turn.

Assuming you propose a project on a Scientist grant slot.

Also, a rule that people know, but is easy to overlook, is that you can only propose energy types allowed by in a region. It's an easy mistake to make, even if you know that rule.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Venters
United States
Evergreen
Colorado
flag msg tools
If you want to sing out...
badge
Music is the sound of human emotion
mbmbmb
- For the final Income Distribution at the end of the game, all players get income for all tracks (not just the 1st and 2nd positions). This means everyone will most likely get more income than hey had in the prior distributions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
ClimberStephen wrote:
- For the final Income Distribution at the end of the game, all players get income for all tracks (not just the 1st and 2nd positions). This means everyone will most likely get more income than hey had in the prior distributions.

And you will take that income as points (1 for 1) of course, not as cash. If you take it as cash and then turn it in for points you only get 1 point for every $2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
burrie wrote:
ClimberStephen wrote:

And you will take that income as points (1 for 1) of course, not as cash. If you take it as cash and then turn it in for points you only get 1 point for every $2.

Want to confirm that all players taking final income as points, and not cash, is indeed what the designer intended. In other threads in the forums, the implication is cash income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys, added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garygarison wrote:
burrie wrote:
ClimberStephen wrote:

Want to confirm that all players taking final income as points, and not cash, is indeed what the designer intended. In other threads in the forums, the implication is cash income.

Although I am not the designer, I am rather certain that you may take your final income (like all other income) as points rather than money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
I would certainly allow other player to take cash, on the last turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mbmbmb
Some rules clarifications needed:

fisha wrote:

12. There are 4 end game conditions:
a, ...
b, global co2 _returns_ under 350ppm (in or after the 4th decade) -> game ends at the end of the decade,
c, ...
d, ...

If co2 returns to under 350 on the 3rd decade and still stays below 350 in the 4th, does the game continues on to the 5th?

fisha wrote:

17. The expertise level required to build a power plant is equal to the number of tech resources it requires. That crane on the expertise tracks is just a reminder of the lowest requirement for plants of that type.

Does it mean that the later solar plant that requires 4 cubes means you need to have Solar Expertise of 4 then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition, Mercato
mbmbmbmbmb
The first answer is no. If, at the beginning of the 4th decade, the CO2 level is under 350, the game is over.

2nd answer is yes. You need expertise equal to the number of tech resources you need to pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mbmbmb
newrev wrote:
The first answer is no. If, at the beginning of the 4th decade, the CO2 level is under 350, the game is over.

2nd answer is yes. You need expertise equal to the number of tech resources you need to pay.

Thank you for the response Vital!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.