Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"So the great success story of ObamaCare's first day is the transformation of a future lawyer who was already paying for insurance into a welfare case."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142405270230490670...

These are the people who are going to take care of the costs for treating the sick and elderly?

Obama and the Democrats can't even create a proper government Ponzi scheme.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the guy qualifies for Medicaid shouldn't he be allowed to get Medicaid? If not, why?
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmb
I don't get it. What is the point of this topic?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
let me help. the man was PAYING his own way and not being a burden on society, but now because of a poorly worded law, he must become a burden on society thorough no actions of his own.

you modern liberals often have difficulty seeing what dignity and self reliance looks like when the government can take care of everything !
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I don't get it. What is the point of this topic?


I would say that he is criticizing the criteria for Medicaid enrollment, but there is so much Obama-biting in there that I really think he thinks this about Obamacare. It's hard to tell with Obama-biters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
let me help. the man was PAYING his own way and not being a burden on society, but now because of a poorly worded law, he must become a burden on society thorough no actions of his own.

you modern liberals often have difficulty seeing what dignity and self reliance looks like when the government can take care of everything !


I don't really know the answer to this, but does he HAVE to switch to medicaid? Or can he go on with his current plan?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I don't really know the answer to this, but does he HAVE to switch to medicaid? Or can he go on with his current plan?

No he's not forced, from the linked article:

Quote:
he discovered he was eligible for Medicaid

That guy is just making up shit again.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, wait, a guy who was paying money he shouldn't be paying because he qualified for public aid now doesn't have to toss thousands of dollars every year down the insurance blowhole and can instead spend that money more productively or reduce his own debt load?

Not sure why this is bad exactly but I guess Devil Obama got something to do with it
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
he is a 30 year old law student, I would argue that yes, yes he does need to become a medicaid case.

we just took a healthy "working", err... capable of working, citizen and turned them from a productive member to a taker.

it is going to kill the system when everyone healthy and under 55 discovers they can switch over to medicaid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
everyone healthy and under 55 discovers they can switch over to medicaid.


I don't think the criteria to be eligible for medicaid is quite that all-encompassing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
everyone healthy and under 55 discovers they can switch over to medicaid.


I don't think the criteria to be eligible for medicaid is quite that all-encompassing.


you gotta understand, once people realize they can get medicaid, they're all gonna quit their jobs and become, like, beat poets

snap

snap

snap
19 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
we just took a healthy "working", err... capable of working, citizen and turned them from a productive member to a taker.

Umm, once he gets an actual job as a lawyer, he won't qualify for Medicaid any longer.

Why did you say he was forced to enroll in Medicaid?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
everyone healthy and under 55 discovers they can switch over to medicaid.


I don't think the criteria to be eligible for medicaid is quite that all-encompassing.

this particular guy would have to be making less than $15,281.70 per year.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
he is a 30 year old law student, I would argue that yes, yes he does need to become a medicaid case.

we just took a healthy "working", err... capable of working, citizen and turned them from a productive member to a taker.

it is going to kill the system when everyone healthy and under 55 discovers they can switch over to medicaid.


Right, just like all those "takers" who accept tax breaks and federal handouts in corporate America.

Remember: if the state provides anyone with a benefit, that's bad. Unless it's you or someone really rich.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
But he deserves it! He's entitled to it!

Do you claim any deductions on your taxes?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Health insurance premiums for young people will rise in all 50 states under Obamacare, with an average increase of 260 percent, according to a study released Thursday."

http://freebeacon.com/study-premiums-for-young-people-to-ris...

Or maybe it's free. You know it's really one or the other. We just don't know it our nation of fairness.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whiplash Alert!!!! Healthcare too cheap and Healthcare too expensive from the same person on the same page!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
So, wait, a guy who was paying money he shouldn't be paying because he qualified for public aid now doesn't have to toss thousands of dollars every year down the insurance blowhole and can instead spend that money more productively or reduce his own debt load?

Not sure why this is bad exactly but I guess Devil Obama got something to do with it



Thousands? 39 * 12 is surely less than that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rylfrazier wrote:
Right, just like all those "takers" who accept tax breaks and federal handouts in corporate America.


Damn straight ! corporate welfare is as nefarious as human welfare.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SpaceGhost wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
So, wait, a guy who was paying money he shouldn't be paying because he qualified for public aid now doesn't have to toss thousands of dollars every year down the insurance blowhole and can instead spend that money more productively or reduce his own debt load?

Not sure why this is bad exactly but I guess Devil Obama got something to do with it



Thousands? 39 * 12 is surely less than that.

If he is switching coverage, the new plan must be better, i.e. save him money than the old plan. So it wouldn't just be the cost of the premiums of the old plan, but also how much he was out-of-pocket before vs the new plan.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmb
College Plan vs. Medicaid. I've had the College plan, it's frickin' nice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
College Plan vs. Medicaid. I've had the College plan, it's frickin' nice.

He wasn't on the college plan anymore:

Quote:
He's actually been insured for the past three years--in 2011 and 2012 through a $2,400-a-year school-sponsored health plan, and this year through "a high-deductible, low-premium plan that cost about $39 a month through a UnitedHealthcare subsidiary."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Quote:
He's actually been insured for the past three years--in 2011 and 2012 through a $2,400-a-year school-sponsored health plan, and this year through "a high-deductible, low-premium plan that cost about $39 a month through a UnitedHealthcare subsidiary."


High deductible? I could barely pay rent in college, I certainly wouldn't have been able to pay a deductible.. Think I'd rather be on Medicaid.

*Republican Shutdown Continues*
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
But he deserves it! He's entitled to it!


Well, yeah. He is.

This is one of those things where your self-righteous attitude about "takers" comes off as genuinely alien. Society is better off when people who aren't really in a position to be paying for their own basic needs have those basic needs handled because it costs you less in the long run. This guy's gonna be a lawyer in a few years: better his medical needs be covered now by a proper plan instead of a worthless $39 high-deductible plan that makes going to the doctor unaffordable, because you want him to become a lawyer (or, well, some job that he can do with a law degree) and make money and spend money because it's most likely he'll make society so much more in future than you're spending on him now.

And if he doesn't, then so the fuck what, all you're doing is treating a human being with dignity and fucking respect, and that's worth something too.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
But he deserves it! He's entitled to it!


Well, yeah. He is.

This is one of those things where your self-righteous attitude about "takers" comes off as genuinely alien. Society is better off when people who aren't really in a position to be paying for their own basic needs have those basic needs handled because it costs you less in the long run. This guy's gonna be a lawyer in a few years: better his medical needs be covered now by a proper plan instead of a worthless $39 high-deductible plan that makes going to the doctor unaffordable, because you want him to become a lawyer (or, well, some job that he can do with a law degree) and make money and spend money because it's most likely he'll make society so much more in future than you're spending on him now.

And if he doesn't, then so the fuck what, all you're doing is treating a human being with dignity and fucking respect, and that's worth something too.


Exactly the reason that students get help and are eligible for different assistance programs. If this guy hadn't found out about this, got seriously sick and was on the hook for a big fat deductible, he may have had to drop out of school and become a less productive citizen. Maybe even really need medicaid indefinitely along with WIC and various other social safety nets..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.