Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stiletto Blade
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up an unplayed copy of Jungle Speed at a thrift store yesterday, and it has two decks of cards in it.
It's an Asmodee edition, printed 100% in French (odd, because I'm in the US). I haven't unwrapped the decks yet, but one is thicker and looks like it should be the expected 80 cards. The other pack is about half as tall, and the corners of the visible back say "promo". The visible card front has stars in the corners instead of the narrow diamonds from the regular cards - I understand those icons are how to separate out the regular expansion as well.
I can't find any info here on BGG about a promo - can anyone tell me anything about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wow! I am a massive fan and have never heard of this! Could you give us some photos?

It may be an early version of the mini-expansion that came after the expansion and was included in 'La Totale'. That had 40 cards so matches the description, though I wasn't aware of a promo copy, and have never seen stars as the identifier. I have a copy of that so if you photograph the shapes, I can help you identify it, hopefully.

Or if it's new to me, I'll bid £20 for it. ;-)

Is it the old back (red and blue as opposed to yellow and red)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stiletto Blade
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the old style back, but it looks like the word "promo" is printed in all 4 corners of the back.

Back:

Visible Face with stars in the corners:

Here's what the box, entirely in French, (and rest of the set) looks like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gediminas Usevičius
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is not promo . It's just an expansion, you can read about it in:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/10680/jungle-spe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stiletto Blade
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not the entire extreme expansion or even part of the retail version, at least. It's only about 1/2 the number of cards, and the cards are clearly stamped "promo" and have stars instead of palm trees in the corners. Also, the one card visible (the bottom one of the stack) does not match any expansion card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.