Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/03/cnn-keeps-co...

CNN reached out to all 533 current members of Congress about their paycheck plans.

As of Thursday at 10:00 a.m., the tally showed 31 senators are donating to charity or the Treasury Department, while four are not accepting a paycheck and two are undecided.

Two senators, Tom Coburn, R-Oklahoma and Chris Murphy, D-Connecticut, told CNN they plan to keep their salary.

On CNN's Crossfire, Coburn said that he plans to keep his salary and "spend it and tithe it and give to it charities and do the things that I've always done."

In the House, 44 representatives say they're donating to charity or the Treasury, while 54 are not accepting a paycheck and one is undecided.

Four House members, however, say they're keeping their salary– Rep. Danny Davis, D-Illinois; Rep. Todd Rokita, R-Indiana; Rep. William 'Lacy' Clay, Jr., D-Missouri; Rep. Howard Coble, R-North Carolina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I'm assuming what most multimillionaires do with a stipend. Use it to light their cuban cigars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the House was done with this. Am I incorrect in that?

Or is this article hoping that a bit of sensationalism will deliver a more tasty skewed message?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hookers and blow, hookers and blow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Why am I supposed to care about what they do with their salary?

If my employer stops paying me, I leave and find another way to make money. I wouldn't expect them to do any different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Ted Cruz, to be fair, has announced that he's donating all of his salary during the shutdown to charity.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:

If my employer stops paying me, I leave and find another way to make money. I wouldn't expect them to do any different.

Well in this case their employer is paying them, but most of them are donating it or not taking it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
rshipley wrote:

Well in this case their employer is paying them, but most of them are donating it or not taking it.

Thanks, I can read. But I'm supposed to be impressed by people making a big deal of not needing to be paid? Take your salary and do what you want with it. Bragging about how much they don't need it is insulting to the people who they are responsible for putting out of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Ted Cruz, to be fair...

Fair to whom?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
lfisher wrote:
rshipley wrote:

Thanks, I can read. But I'm supposed to be impressed by people making a big deal of not needing to be paid? Take your salary and do what you want with it. Bragging about how much they don't need it is insulting to the people who they are responsible for putting out of work.

That's valid, and of course I'm not sure what it means to "refuse pay" of a matter of days, it's not like people get a paycheck every day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.