Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'd like to run my first ever board game auction today

And just want to make sure I do everything correctly. Can't seem to find a guide on here.

Is it as simple as making a geeklist, clearly stating the rules for the auction beneath the headline:
Shipping costs
Shipping method
Bid incriments
Payment method
Confirm BGG commission
When Auction will end

(anything else?)

Then posting each game for sale, with a clear explanation of:
condition
edition
soft reserve price
Buy It Now price

Also I would like to provide a FREE game for anyone choosing to Buy It Now. Do I make a separate geeklist for those games and then link it to the original auction?

Lastly, how will this auction find it's way into the, Trades and Auctions Lists and the Buying and Selling forums?

If there is a guide or a how-to that I should be looking over, or if there is an auction that is expertly layed-out that I should just be mimicking, feel free to link me to them.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
more info here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/geeklist_auction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Matt. Exactly what I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Aaron,

I think most of your questions are covered in the wiki page that Matt linked, but I'll answer the one about the free game - the times I've seen people do something similar, they may one geeklist item with a list of the available games, and when someone does a BIN, they leave a comment claiming which game they want so that it's obvious which are taken and which are available.

If you have any questions about setting up (or wrapping up) an auction, feel free to geekmail me directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.