Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you have to use the clue tokens to add to your activity wheel. But what about the actions you gain from research tiles and event cards?

For example, what if I get +2 investigate from an event card at the beginning of the round. I also have a +2 investigate research tile. I put the activity wheel to +1 investigate.

Can I Investigate 5 cards (1 for the activity wheel, 2 for the event card, and 2 for the research tile)?

Or do all the research tiles, event cards and character special abilities have to be used on their own and not combined with any other action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco valtriani
Italy
Pisa
PI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can combine them, or you can play them one by one.
In case of Investigation, playing them one by one is better (but you can still combine them if you wish).
Remember that is possible to Investigate another player (or the Unknown
Character deck) more than once per turn. The investigated player must keep any cards you have already seen that Hour separate from the unseen ones. This way, you cannot see the same cards you saw earlier. The same applies to the Unknown Characters deck: The cards are put back together and reshuffled when you end your turn for Phase 4: Character Actions and Movement. (page 8 of the rulebook, there's a reminder in the descripton of the Investigate action).

Remember that, for the wheel action, you have to spend Clue tokens before the action (you must say, for example, how many cards you wish to look - and spend Clues to do that - just once, before you pick the cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks this makes sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janis Pütz
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it possible to split an investigation up to look at 1 card each of 2players instead of 2cards from 1 player?
I didn't find any specification about this in the rules, but I assume it's not possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the designer talked about doing this one at a time, I see no reason you can't look at one card from one source and, later, another from another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.