Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Stecyk
Poland
flag msg tools
Some ideas for the great civ game

A grand, grandfather to Mieszko I, Piast can replace Forefather Czech

Rzepicha, Piast's wife - replacement for Moses

Chrobry, son of Mieszko I (first polish king; Mieszko was a prince) - just another idea to replace Aleksander or even Julius

Kazimierz The Great, another famous polish king - an idea to make early arenas less usless and then, Sienkiewicz (polish writer who got Nobel Prize for Quo Vadis and Deyna, legendary polish football player from 70'ies

so, arenas are not that bad anymore, here we go with new approach to colonies...

Batory, polish king (he was a great conqueror) and Pulawski, polish, aussie and american hero fighting for independece

Finally, if u think that Napoleon is too strong here you go with replacement. Kościuszko another polish-american hero...

In my team it seems that these guys work quite ok
Any opinions are wlecome
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the abilities you've assigned to these leaders, but I think I'd want a more international flavor to the identities of the leaders, themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stecyk
Poland
flag msg tools
Sure, These guys come from the polish leaders-wonders variant I posted some time ago. You can change the characters to anyone you want, but the abilities is the point here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About Batory - I don't get "you don't sacrifice units when colonizing". So you only use bonus and cards?
My first thought was that you may choose units to send as colonists without sacrificing but that would be OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stecyk
Poland
flag msg tools
u don't sacrifice when u dont have to - u have enough cards and other bonuses
or
if u want batory to be stronger u don't sacrifice the very first unit, second and more u have to sacrifice
we play the 1 variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think almost all of your leaders are way too powerful, compared to the original leaders. You take some of the most powerful leaders from the game (Moses, Caesar, Napoleon, Cook) and improve them, making the variance in leader strength even larger than what it originally was.

Three first leaders and the last leader are probably the worst. They are clearly very overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stecyk
Poland
flag msg tools
"They are clearly very overpowered."
You are right, we play with some other strong leaders for theatres and temples but not that strong for labs and libraries, that makes the game quite balanced. We also put 8 leaders and 6 wonders into the game, becouse we don't mind the downtime. We also have much more events and a bit more of tactics cards. And, becouse we have played over 200 live games and 800 online games the downtime is not a problem. 3P game is 2,5 h 4P game is 3,5-4 hours game which is perfect for once a week meeting for old geeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arenas are bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Van Delden
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting ideas. Always love to see new leader/wonder abilities and compare to ones I've added to my game. I do think your Age A leaders are too overpowered for my taste though.

Piast and Rzepicha would be strong even without that extra resource bonus. The extra resource bonus puts them more on par with Age 1 leaders than Age A. Chrobry is interesting.. and would be more balanced without the strength bonus.

Keep posting your ideas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stedam wrote:
"They are clearly very overpowered."
You are right, we play with some other strong leaders for theatres and temples but not that strong for labs and libraries, that makes the game quite balanced. We also put 8 leaders and 6 wonders into the game, becouse we don't mind the downtime. We also have much more events and a bit more of tactics cards. And, becouse we have played over 200 live games and 800 online games the downtime is not a problem. 3P game is 2,5 h 4P game is 3,5-4 hours game which is perfect for once a week meeting for old geeks

You're only able to use your 8 leader/6 wonder, "other strong leader" variant for your live games correct?

I tend to agree these are too strong. You could tone the first two down by eliminating the ore/food benefit and instead use "the food effects of your yellow cards are improved by 1 food" or ore for the first leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.