Subject: Is this the annouced fan expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wonder if this is the annouced fan expansion. We had a poll about fan-wishes for a fan expansion.

Since this is called pack one, I wonder if we'll see another expansion of this kind this year...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is it.

It may be called Pack One since it doesn't include ships for the expansion races (Exiles, etc.). Pack Two may depend on the success of Pack One, and it would probably be a year later at the very least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing no, it's not. Since all the original creators are credited and working on it, I'd say it's a legitimate expansion. If there were new names being credited, maybe. I think this is just a fan idea that came into fruition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kraasn wrote:
I'm guessing no, it's not. Since all the original creators are credited and working on it, I'd say it's a legitimate expansion. If there were new names being credited, maybe. I think this is just a fan idea that came into fruition.

It is definitely the "Fan Pack" that was discussed here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/913219/eclipse-fan-pack

That "Fan Pack" was always a legitimate expansion being created by the original designers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I know where it originated from. I was merely saying that "Ship Pack One" is not a "fan expansion." Decisions were made by fans, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kraasn wrote:
Yes, I know where it originated from. I was merely saying that "Ship Pack One" is not a "fan expansion." Decisions were made by fans, however.

Okay, but I believe the OP was specifically referencing the "Fan Pack" discussed in the linked thread. I don't think he was asking if this was an unofficial, fan-made expansion....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Niittymaki
Finland
Helsinki
EU
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mb

Ship Pack One was originally called Fan Pack.
Idea was to bring fans nice stuff to add to the game. In our queries, new ship designs were to most popular wish, so gradually the pack evolved to include mostly ships. So, renaming it as a Ship Pack seemed appropriate. One was added with a hope that the product would be a success and we'd get to do number Two some day.

Lautapelit.fi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for clarification!

Can't wait to get it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Peacock
msg tools
This is interesting but it doesn't seem very substantive. What am I saying, I'll probably get it. But I'm disappointed they didn't include the little mini expansions like Supernova or Pulsar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bepeacock wrote:
This is interesting but it doesn't seem very substantive. What am I saying, I'll probably get it. But I'm disappointed they didn't include the little mini expansions like Supernova or Pulsar.

They decided to just reprint those at the same time so that those who want it can get it, but those who don't want it don't have to buy it. Seems pretty sensible..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.