Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this is totally unrelated to the government shutdown.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/3/shots-fired-u...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Did it hit any congressmen? *fingers crossed*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I very much doubt this story is true, because as we all know the Capitol building is a "gun free zone".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
So is it going to be a right-wing nut job gunning for those damn Democrats that are destroying this country?

Or is it going to be a left-wing nut job gunning for those damn Republicans that are destroying this country?

Or just a nut job in general because, well, s/he is a nut job?

That'll depend entirely upon who you ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Car chase that ended in front of the Capitol. Police fired on the guy. Republican Shutdown continues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:

Gun owner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoverGuy wrote:
So is it going to be a right-wing nut job gunning for those damn Democrats that are destroying this country?

Or is it going to be a left-wing nut job gunning for those damn Republicans that are destroying this country?

well it depends on what time you watch the news. usually the news has already blamed it on the tea party extreme right then 24 hours later we will discover its another leftist wacko shooter.

I am starting to think that the leftist's support gun free zone to make it easier for them to go on gun rampages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortunately the gov't shut down removed any tourists from harms way. Lives saved, thanks Obama!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The driver tried to breach White House security.

WaPo wrote:
Oregon residents B.J. and Susan Campbell saw a black sedan driven by a woman heading west on Pennsylvania, into a security checkpoint at 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW. The driver went about 20 yards, B.J. Campbell said, before rapidly turning the car around at the concrete security barriers.

“The Secret Service guy was just having a cow,” B.J. Campbell said. “Yelling at her and banging on the car.” The Secret Service officers pulled a black metal gate into her path and she slowed to try to go around it. Then the agent moved the gate in front of her again.

At that point “she just gunned it,” B.J. Campbell said. “She ran the barricade down and the guy; knocked him up onto her hood. He rolled off into the street, and she tore off down Pennsylvania Avenue.” The whole encounter lasted about 20 seconds, he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
No word on whether she was armed. After ramming a cop car (unclear if car was moving or blocking, or if ramming was intentional), she got out of the car and ran 2 blocks before being gunned down by multiple cops. One officer was wounded (inside the rammed car), and a man was wounded at the start of the chase, near the White House. Oddly, the pictures of the front of her car are devoid of any evidence of ramming or other crashing.

edit: (but you should see the other guy...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I am starting to think that the leftist's support gun free zone to make it easier for them to go on gun rampages.

I like this comment because it‘s a totally reasonable thing to say. Thank you for contributing not only meaningful dialogue on the government shutdown, but also for providing thoughtful, noninflammatory discussion about a complex and divisive topic like gun control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
CNN reporting that all shots were fired by the police. The only other weapon was a car.

Which it sounds like she abandoned and was on foot two blocks away. Shooting her seems totally legit.

Do you have a link for that, I'm not seeing that she was two blocks from the car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WaPo wrote:
Oregon residents B.J. and Susan Campbell...

BJ??? Tell me it ain't so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
CNN reporting that all shots were fired by the police. The only other weapon was a car.

Which it sounds like she abandoned and was on foot two blocks away. Shooting her seems totally legit.

Do you have a link for that, I'm not seeing that she was two blocks from the car.

This is the best I could find. I originally read it in the article linked in the OP, which seems to have since been altered.

Ok, that matches what I heard. It still seems odd that they had to shoot her after she got out of the car though, since the car seemed to be what made her dangerous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

This is the best I could find. I originally read it in the article linked in the OP, which seems to have since been altered.

Ok, that matches what I heard. It still seems odd that they had to shoot her after she got out of the car though, since the car seemed to be what made her dangerous.
She was shot as she got out of the car, after having already attacked police, yes why would they shot her?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still not totally clear on how that part went down. But what I meant was that she had a dangerous weapon when she was driving the car and running people down (she was fired on while driving) but once she stopped and got out of the car, since she didn't have a gun, what caused the officers to feel in imminent danger that they had to shoot at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I'm still not totally clear on how that part went down. But what I meant was that she had a dangerous weapon when she was driving the car and running people down (she was fired on while driving) but once she stopped and got out of the car, since she didn't have a gun, what caused the officers to feel in imminent danger that they had to shoot at that time.
They could not tell if she had a gun, and given recent events in Washington were not taking chances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.