Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Stimson
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This letter was just found nailed to the Speaker of the House’s door.

The 2013 Thesis

To the Honorable President Barack Obama,

As I draft this letter, we are well into our third day of the government shutdown of non-essential services. At this point, you have clearly, repeatedly, and publically stated that you have absolutely no intention of negotiating any resolution with the House of Representatives. As you so bluntly put this morning, "There will be no negotiations over this." In other forums you have stated that you want it "my way or no way".

I’m not sure you are aware of this, but this is the United States of America. No branch of government has ever simply "got its way". Our entire constitutional form of government is predicated on checks and balances. By definition this necessitates compromise. 225 years ago, James Madison in his Federalist writings warns of the extreme peril associated with abdication (by any branch of government) of their DUTY to serve as checks and balances against each other. At this point the House of Representatives chooses not to cede its respocibilities to the Executive Branch. To do so would in my estimation be a gross abdication of a constitutionally mandated duty.

Due to your publicly stated unambiguous stance whereby you REFUSE TO NEGOTIATE, I am left to ask myself the following: What is the point of House Members remaining in Washington DC when the Executive branch has so clearly stated "There will be no negotiations"? Since I have come to the conclusion that remaining in Washington DC is indeed pointless, I will be closing the House of Representatives as soon as practicable and asking members to return home.

John Beohner

Ps - Mr. President, with all due respect, when you decide to abdicate your throne and return to the USA where Executives often deign to enter into negotiations, you have me cellular phone #. Call me; Maybe? Until then the non essential parts of the US Federal Government shall remain closed.

(I found this today; it is political satire. i.e not real- but I found it amusing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stayman wrote:
(I found this today; it is political satire. i.e not real- but I found it amusing)

It's even more amusing when you realize that the negotiations were conducted and Boehner reneged on the deal. The Democrats only want what was originally negotiated with Boehner...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stayman wrote:

WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T REAL

MIND = BLOWN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well clearly the author of this is a racist and its George Bush's fault.

I knew it was fake when I saw "John Beohner " as the author, John Beohner does not have the balls to actually do something like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.