Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Often when I click the Next button on my subscriptions, I'm taken to a game image and think, "ok, I've had enough of subscription updates for new images for this game." It would be extremely handy if I could click a single button to turn off the very specific thing that triggered the subscription update. I don't want to unsubscribe from the whole game, but I want to unsubscribe form the specific component that triggered the notification. Images being the primary one, at least for me. As it is today, when that happens you need to:
* click on the link for the game (page load)
* click on the down arrow next to unsubscribe
* click Edit subscription (page load)
* Click the down arrow on Images
* Click No
* Click Save

Often I don't bother doing that because I'm too lazy to make the six clicks, but it would be fantastic if it could be a single click.

BTW, I know you can make Images=No the default when subscribing to games, but since I usually subscribe to a game before it's released and am trying to gauge interest, early images are very useful, but then later become less so. So I eventually end up doing the above for every single game I subscribe to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hear! Hear!

Stop BGG's tyranny of clicks before it's too late! Crippling finger arthritis and premature mouse/touchscreen wear are spreading like gonorrhea at Disney World.

I call for a people's referendum to implement "Curt's Lazy Image Purge" as an essential BGG functionality. Soon you will wonder how you ever lived without it in a six click world, much like after the global renaissance triggered by the invention of ketchup and eggs and the first internet cute cat videos.

You owe it to your finger.

But more importantly, you owe it to Curt's finger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I do like this concept, especially since I do most of my subscription reading on iPad which is even slower to do these steps with. Often times I just figure I'll unsubscribe/block next time when I'm not on a mobile device.

I imagine it will be difficult to implement, though, depending on how they track the source of subscription events. I could be following a game, a publisher, a user, etc. So if I'm following a user and then try to block an image, does it no longer show me images from that user any longer, or no longer images from that game (which I may or may not be subscribed to)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.