Subject: new copy ships require glue for assembly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received a new copy today and the sail pegs aren't even remotely close to staying in the ship holes, they just immediately fall out.

So unless my copy is an anomaly folks will have some DIY glue/assembly work to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
I did it to my copy when I first got it months back and thought nothing of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yup, glued the sails in my ships months ago and haven't thought about it since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
remowilliams wrote:
Just received a new copy today and the sail pegs aren't even remotely close to staying in the ship holes, they just immediately fall out.

So unless my copy is an anomaly folks will have some DIY glue/assembly work to do.

I have a new copy from the reprint as well and you're right. They didn't even try to get the sails to stay in without some glue / epoxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued all my first edition ships. Some stayed in but most were too loose. So this isn't just a second edition issue. I had some acrylic glue and it worked well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
But do they still ooze...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Warlock of
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Real men row. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
But do they still ooze...?

No, I've not seen anything like those gross pictures of the previous slimy units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
remowilliams wrote:
No, I've not seen anything like those gross pictures of the previous slimy units.

Note that it took around 6-12 months for the ooze to start showing on the first print's yellow Minis.

I wouldn't say we're in the clear yet. I've seen how nasty the first printing pieces look... my yellow minis are definitely quarantined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I put mine into isopropanol 99% then let it evaporate on paper towels. Pieces are dry as a bone. If I must do this every 6 months... boo hoo. I'll do it. The game is that good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
I put mine into isopropanol 99% then let it evaporate on paper towels. Pieces are dry as a bone. If I must do this every 6 months... boo hoo. I'll do it. The game is that good

Yeah, you were surprisingly nonchalant when you played with the sticky yellow army last time. I would've been washing them all game! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, by that point there wasn't much I could do was there? But they're great now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ridel wrote:
I wouldn't say we're in the clear yet. I've seen how nasty the first printing pieces look... my yellow minis are definitely quarantined.

Good to know, I'll move the yellow minis to the top line of the plano box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first printing sails usually fall out in storage, but stay in place during the game. Although, I have the greasy yellow parts.

So far, we know that sails don't fit and the red dice were replaced with the black dice. Any other changes in this printing?

Are the ship and army units more rubbery than the city pieces? This is how it is in the first printing. I wonder if the yellow fix involved changing the army/ships to the harder plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
No. My replacement yellow units are still rubbery. But I am told they won't bleed dye in six months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
remo williams
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
My first printing sails usually fall out in storage, but stay in place during the game. Although, I have the greasy yellow parts.

So far, we know that sails don't fit and the red dice were replaced with the black dice. Any other changes in this printing?

Are the ship and army units more rubbery than the city pieces? This is how it is in the first printing. I wonder if the yellow fix involved changing the army/ships to the harder plastic.

In my second run copy the yellow pieces seem to all be made of a hard plastic that matches every other piece except the red soldiers and ships. Those are made out of a very obviously softer plastic. Which made me wonder if there will be red ooze down the line...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.