Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Butler
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused with the Peace instruction. The rules say to put it in the raided cubes box. However, if the roll > enemy AP's in the box, I am supposed to return the remaining enemy AP's to the available box, and move the Peace marker to the topmost empty spot in the inactive column. Won't that always be the top spot?

Also, it says to then go to step 2 of the enemy operations segment. If there is enough AP's, then we execute the enemy instruction in the "1" box. However, there is already a marker (Peace) in the "1" inactive column, so where does the executed marker go? Am I doing something wrong here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, when you first execute a Peace instruction. This is what you do:

1. Is there a Peace of Defend instruction in the Inactive Column? If yes, flip this instruction over and do the instruction on the reverse side. If no, continue...

2. Spend APs as per the Peace instruction. BUT place the APs spent into the Raided Cubes Box.

3. Return all cubes from Raided Cubes and Recovery to Raid Pool bag.

4. Enemy sets its APs to 0 (if it has any still available), and the player reduces Diné APs to 0.

5. Set all families' ferocity to 0.

6. THAT IS IT. Do NOT reset the enemy instruction display. Note that the rules say to immediately end the Enemy Operations Segment. Thus, the enemy instruction display may be suspended in a state where the topmost empty space is NOT the top space.

The NEXT Enemy Operations Segment, however, when you get to STEP 1, there is a Peace counter in the Raided Cubes box so you dice vs. the APs counters in the Raided Cubes box. If you roll >= the number of APs, you place all AP counters from Raided Cubes box to APs Available. The Peace counter is placed in the topmost EMPTY space of the inactive column of the enemy instruction display (DON'T RESET THE DISPLAY YET), then go on to Step 2 and carry on as normal.

In your example since the topmost inactive column space was occupied, you would move down a box. The counter would go in inactive column box immediately below the lowest occupied space.

Make sense now?

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Butler
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. Resetting the enemy instruction is where I went astray. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Butler
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And to clarify further, if the player breaks the peace, the Peace marker goes to the topmost empty inactive spot, but we don't reset the enemy instruction. That way, if on the next enemy turn, rolls which result in flips or swaps are ignored. I think this is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbrella wrote:
And to clarify further, if the player breaks the peace, the Peace marker goes to the topmost empty inactive spot, but we don't reset the enemy instruction. That way, if on the next enemy turn, rolls which result in flips or swaps are ignored. I think this is correct.

Correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Am currently mid-game and under the first Peace condition. It actually was welcome coming after a particularly brutal period where the Spanish launched multiple Raids and also repeatedly Expanded. With new Outposts popping up each turn however, I am starting to feel subjugated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Butler
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peace is like the speed limit. Made to be broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Umbrella wrote:
Peace is like the speed limit. Made to be broken.

After I recovered, I was thinking of breaking the Peace but then the treacherous Spaniards did it first.

I'd like to hit them hard, but all my Families are at 0 Ferocity so it looks like I'll be Raiding their Missions first. I do have 'Warrior Society' (Level 1) Culture which props everyone to 1 Ferocity, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bertucelli
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sound like a very good game you got going Steve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobiecat wrote:
It sound like a very good game you got going Steve.

Indeed, quite engaging - I'll post a Session Report when done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
Ok, when you first execute a Peace instruction. This is what you do:

1. Is there a Peace of Defend instruction in the Inactive Column? If yes, flip this instruction over and do the instruction on the reverse side. If no, continue...

By "This instruction", do you mean the Peace instruction in the active column, or the Peace or Defend in the inactive column?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Active column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Erick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel Toppen wrote:

So, if there is a peace or defend counter in the Inactive Column, do we pay the cost of this instruction on the back of the Peace/Defend counter to resolve it ? And then, where the initial Peace Counter goes ? He slides to the right and its instruction is over ?

This rule exist to avoid two consecutive Peace/Defend Counters ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a peace or defend counter in Inactive Column, you pay the cost of the CURRENT instruction counter in the ACTIVE column and resolve IT. You never resolve instructions that are in the Inactive column.

Yes, this is to avoid consecutive peace/defend instructions.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Erick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mr Toppen, it makes more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.