Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Gosrics EU Ships the model images. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Ok. Some people have been understandably asking for photos of the models of my ships rather than the renders. So i'm going to put them here as i, or anyone else who might have them, makes them avaiable rather than having them scattered hither and yon across the board.On occasion i might put one in which is SW but for a different scale if im particularly proud of it *L*
But i will start with some less than perfect pics of my Z-95.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools

comparison of the 3d render and the actual model to give an idea of how close they are ( The Z-95/s is in frosted detail material, the Mk2 (red striped) is in white strong and flexible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
Really? Both those images of the basic Z95 are in White, Strong and Flexible? Wow, I thought they were in the higher detail format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bielaczyc
United States
Nashvegas
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Here are the ships I ordered from Gosric. I had them printed in frosted ultra detail.

z95 Heavy
https://www.shapeways.com/model/1017601/z-95-mk4-s-hg-1-270....

E-Wing

https://www.shapeways.com/model/806880/e-class-fighter-1-270...

Tie Defender

https://www.shapeways.com/model/872918/empire-hex-fighter-de...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Wow Michael. Those look great.Paint jobs that is.You have made my minis look better than i thought they would. Though i am pleased with how the models came out as well of course. I had a few doubts about the Heavy gun version of the Headhunter, what with being something of a traditionalist and all that, but it isnt bad at all. I have found though that the difference between frosted ultra detail and just frosted detail is negligible. and frosted detail is a bit sturdier and a lot cheaper *L*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Until i can get some more 1/270 things posted i just thought id post a couple of thing that are not scale compatible but things that i am rather pleased with *L*

The Praetor was a request, that i thought came out quite well

The Relentless was something i came up with as the main villain ship for a tactical rpg scenario combining features of carrier and battleship (which is silly i know since just about all capital ships in SW are already carriers, but oh well)

Lastly the Corvan Gunship is one i am thinking of remaking in 1/270 since right now i believe it is about an inch and a half so wouldnt really work but would end up around 6 inches in 1/270

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Miniatures
Spain
flag msg tools
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Mel_Miniatures
mbmbmbmbmb
This are the pictures I took from your Baudo Class Yacht:

The hole on the bottom is a personal customization so it will fit my pegs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
That is a very nice job of painting, looks good thank you. Is that WSF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mel Miniatures
Spain
flag msg tools
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/Mel_Miniatures
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, its WSF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WSF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
White strong and flexible. it is the sturdiest of the shapeways materials but not overly good with detail which is why i only suggest using it for larger ships where the cost might make the trade off worthwhile. Frosted Detail is the best option all round i think but for anything above 3 inches it can be a bit expensive *L*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosric's EU Ships
einargosric wrote:
Ok. Some people have been understandably asking for photos of the models of my ships rather than the renders. So i'm going to put them here as i, or anyone else who might have them, makes them avaiable rather than having them scattered hither and yon across the board.On occasion i might put one in which is SW but for a different scale if im particularly proud of it *L*
But i will start with some less than perfect pics of my Z-95.

When will we see ship dials / cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
i wouldnt know where to begin. I know there are a few around for my designs though and i will happily supply images for any who want to give it a try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IRD wing: Gosric / dials and cards?
einargosric wrote:
i wouldnt know where to begin. I know there are a few around for my designs though and i will happily supply images for any who want to give it a try

I've got 3 Corporate Sector IRD's on the way; how about those?

I don't care to see all the OP ships; I think these might be some2-3 initiative, 2 att / 3 agil / 2 hull / [0?] shields; guessing fairly nimble on the maneuver dial, but not as fast as a TIE ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mitservices wrote:
einargosric wrote:

I don't care to see all the OP ships; I think these might be some2-3 initiative, 2 att / 3 agil / 2 hull / [0?] shields; guessing fairly nimble on the maneuver dial, but not as fast as a TIE ...

My logic can be seen in the AFM thread here:

http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/topic/771-my-take-on-the-ird/

But since the pictures broke when my website went poof, here's a couple sample cards for my ideas:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosrics Corvan Gunship.
einargosric wrote:
Until i can get some more 1/270 things posted i just thought id post a couple of thing that are not scale compatible but things that i am rather pleased with *L*

Lastly the Corvan Gunship is one i am thinking of remaking in 1/270 since right now i believe it is about an inch and a half so wouldnt really work but would end up around 6 inches in 1/270

kiss

Yes! Want that one; a good interim model.

Probably the upper end of what you'd mount on a large stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mitservices wrote:
Vagabond Elf wrote:
mitservices wrote:
einargosric wrote:

But since the pictures broke when my website went poof, here's a couple sample cards for my ideas:

Eek! No speed 1 AT ALL? gulp
How about 1 straight[w]; maybe 1 L [w], 1 R [w]?

First, Brian Daley has said he thought of the IRD as a "Star Wars ME-262." That's a plane that had a very high stall speed (for WWII) and a horrible turning radius. To fight Spitfires or P-51s it would zoom in, shoot, zoom away again, take it's time turning whilst out of range, and do it again. It's the origin of the phrase "boom-and-zoom," which is how Allied pilots described the attack. So if the X-Wing is a Spitfire, then the IRD's minimum speed has to be higher than an X-Wing's.

Second, it's supposed to be a TIE's less agile cousin. TIEs don't have 1 straights, so IRDs shouldn't either - and the IRD should have wider turns.

Third, I was trying to do something different with the dial - it's not all that interesting to just plop the IRD on the table as a "cheap" TIE, it needed to have something about it that would make manoeuvring it engaging and new.

And, fourth, it's just my completely untested notions - so by all means feel free to create something else that works for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vagabond Elf wrote:

... it's supposed to be a TIE's less agile cousin. TIEs don't have 1 straights, so IRDs shouldn't either - and the IRD should have wider turns.

Third, I was trying to do something different with the dial - it's not all that interesting to just plop the IRD on the table as a "cheap" TIE, it needed to have something about it that would make manoeuvring it engaging and new.

Ok, that all sounds pretty good - I was more looking for some alternative to mashing into objects due to having 2 speed minimum [i.e., a 1 speed straight/turn, in Red].

I do appreciate the input and ideas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosrics EU Ships: mounting pegs???
Hello,

Having a couple Shapeways designs now, I am EXTREMELY reluctant to get any more designs that do not have a mounting hole in the bottom.

While I feel that Gosric's designs are some of the very best, they do not have this option.

I would like to order a few more [T-19, Baudo Yacht] in FD. But, no mounting holes - and from what I hear, I don't want to get a beautiful design, only to break it by trying to bore a hole in the bottom.

Gosric, how hard would it be for you to add mounting holes on the bottoms of these [and all your other designs]??? soblue

Thanks,

~Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I can get right on that after i get correct measurements for the hole and support. And finish a couple of requests, those have to take priority

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Just thought i would post this.It isnt SW but i wanted to show an example of how WSF can look when it comes out well. I am very pleased with this one.

http://lorelei-shipyards.tumblr.com/post/67506532068/eagle-t...

i decided to make a tumblr page for ease of reference and to post new things as i do them . If you are interested feel free to take a look at what i do. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

http://lorelei-shipyards.tumblr.com/archive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosrics EU Ships
einargosric wrote:

i decided to make a tumblr page for ease of reference and to post new things as i do them . If you are interested feel free to take a look at what i do. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

I think your ships are some of THE best designs out there, when it comes to detail and thoughtfulness of design [e.g., "how can I make this more affordable"].

It would really help if each ship had an alternate 'mounting hole' design. Example: "Blastboat 1/270" can have a "Blastboat 1/270 w/mount".

Even if it needed to be a simple hole, perhaps standardized with Mel_Miniatures / TOPO. That way, people like me who have so-so skills with miniatures painting/modding gulp have that option.

I have not purchased more designs yet for this reason: if I purchase a FD / FUD ship of yours, it will need a mounting hole / peg. I have heard repeatedly that there is greater risk of cracking/breaking of the model. A hole, similar to the way TOPO's shuttle has one, at least has a hole which I can putty/cement. I prefer that to the drilling risk.

Is that a feasible thing for you? Or does it require a complete redesign of a ship model?

Again, THANK YOU for all the good design work you have done

~Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All Purpose Neko-Sensei
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of the Strong Flexible Polished material. YOu lose some detail with the polishing, but also all of the printing grain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Millard
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mounting holes: Gosrics EU Ships
Cat_O wrote:
I'm a fan of the Strong Flexible Polished material. YOu lose some detail with the polishing, but also all of the printing grain.

Okay.

How about the mountings? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferlin Pomfrett
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
strong flexible polished works well for some models but for the E Wing for instance it would play havoc with the guns.
Mitservices - Some models can just have a hole made, some will require a complete hull rebuild I havent forgotten about bases *L* i just need to get caught up on prior requests

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.