Subject: Wisdom and Warfare but not Fame and Fortune? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Due to availability issues in the UK, I have bought Wisdom and Warfare but Fame and Fortune seems to be out of stock for the time being. Does Wisdom and Warfare stand up on its own? Will I be able to play it while I wait for the Fame and Fortune reprint at the end of the year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
xibxang wrote:
Hi,

Due to availability issues in the UK, I have bought Wisdom and Warfare but Fame and Fortune seems to be out of stock for the time being. Does Wisdom and Warfare stand up on its own? Will I be able to play it while I wait for the Fame and Fortune reprint at the end of the year?

Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a few special exceptions, FFG tends to make expansions independent of each other. Either one will work on its own. IMHO W&W is the better of the two (but I still prefer both together).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notsteve Notlawton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, though several of the features really only feel complete when both are added together (F&F investments, W&W social policies, all the new sides) since the expansions modify how you play in different ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've introduced new players to the game using W&W while excluding much of F&F, and I can say that it plays just fine that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thanks, everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Szczeciński
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am going to buy my 1st exp too. Can I play 5 players game with W&W and base game only or I need F&F for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need F&F for the fifth player pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Stysiak
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

After first few games of Civilization (I think still less than 10) I decided to buy an expansion. First (as I often do with board games) I read the rules and BGG forums and decided not to buy 2 expansions at once, but start with WaW which seems to add less OP nations than Spain, Arabia and Greece which need to be houseruled to not feel cheap.

Now I know that economic victory was significantly nerfed by FaF, but it wasn't nerfed that hard in WaW (I figured that after looking at the new components and culture cards). It's similair with Culture - I think that without GP deck culture still isn't that powerful in WaW, though I ofc need to play it.

So, my question is: has anyone got experience with WaW without FaF and can tell something about victory type balance? Like is it hard to win culture without FaF? Is it still easy to win eco without even a temptation of investing coins? Any response will be much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.