Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BSG 382 - Doom waiting to happen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the 382nd Play-By-Forum Battlestar Galactica game. It will follow the format established by ColtsFan76. It is a 6-player game to Earth and will use the Base Game and the Exodus + Daybreak Expansion with the CFB. Pegasus will not be used (except the new IC cards).

This game is by invite only. The waiting list is being maintained at the BSG PBF Wiki.

Players:
d10-1 Masnie as

d10-2 Kamakaze as

d10-3 ThirdWizard as

d10-4 TitanFire as

d10-5 ackmondual as

d10-6 Aurianna as

The rules of the game are pretty much as in all the other threads. If this is your first BSG PBF game, please read through at least one of the previous games to get a feeling for how it is done.

Some particular notes for those taking part (you can find more notes and tips on nbergom's geeklist Tips and Tricks of BSG PBF):

Rules

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of game.

d10-2 You are expected to subscribe to this thread and check it at least twice daily.

I would very much like for this to be a fast-paced game, so please be aware that after 24 hours I will start sending out reminders.
Should you be away for an extended time due to RL let us know in advance.

d10-3 Private communication will be by geekmail between me and particular players, all other communication will be by posting in this thread. Please start your geekmail subject line with "BSG 382" and your character name.

d10-4 Please, make clear in each post who your character is by posting a banner at the top of your post. Great banners created by DukeOfEarl are available here (use the "medium" option to display them). If you find using a banner is too much of a hassle (or you are on your phone), at least list your character name (preferably in bold) at the top of your post.
For flavor, a useful selection of character pictures is hosted on this geeklist by GerryRailBaron, though by all means provide your own if you wish. Easy, quick links to the items on Gerry's geeklist are provided here.

d10-5 Please use the following posting conventions:
- Normal text for discussions.
- Italics for flavor texts.
- Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them by geekmail.

d10-6 Please follow the secrecy rules. Some often overlooked secrecy violations include:

* Saying "medium" if you've played one card
* Talking about scouted cards (top or buried) beyond "good" or "bad"
* Identifying which cards/colours you played into a skillcheck
* Volunteering the contents of your hand if it's not directly relevant to the current discussion

Conditional Orders

Please use COs extensively. They should all be sent by Geekmail and be clearly marked with "CO".
Please refrain from posting public COs.
I will assume the following COs are in place from the beginning. Should you wish to cancel them please let me know.

Pass on all interrupts I don't have in my hand.
Pass on Declare Emergency
Pass on Strategic Planning
* on Launch Scout unless there is only one raptor remaining.
* on attacks by vipers or attacks by cylon ships.
Pass on Evasive Maneuvers unless it is the last ship protecting a civilian or a manned Viper.

Generally speaking I assume you will pass on everything that has not been clarified in a CO unless someone specifically asks me to wait in the thread.

Characters with special interrupts (like Starbuck) should use CO's.

Generally feel free to send me the most convoluted and complicated COs you can imagine, as long as it keeps the game moving
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG 382 Doom waiting to happen
Invited

* Kamakaze - Accepted
* TitanFire - Accepted
* RyanC77 - Declined
* blark - Declined
* oriecat - Declined
* Masnie - Accepted
* Aurianna - Accepted
* Ackmondual - Accepted
* ThirdWizard - Accepted

Second wave (First come, first serve):

I generally invite in waves, sending out the second wave of invitations approximately 24 hours after the first. First come, first serve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the invite. I'd like to accept, although I only received my copy of Daybreak last week and haven't gotten a game in yet! I'll also be away for the weekend, but will keep an eye on the thread via mobile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas White
United States
Pacific Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unfortunately going to have to decline, since I don't have a copy of Daybreak yet (guess I need to update my wait-list to reflect that) and am unsure when I will fill that gap in my collection.

This is a bummer, as Kyryon runs a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurianna
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely in!
However I'll be in MN this weekend. Probably will have 3G but not sure yet.
I won't have my game with me so if we start playing before Sunday I might be a daybreak dummy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gereon M.
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the invite, I'm in! Haven't played an Earth game with Daybreak yet, only Kobol, so let's see if Earth is as brutal as I keep hearing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am totally in.

I will make my usual CFB house rule request (will only use it everyone agrees)

Quote:

If there are any Cylon ships on the CFB then an activation will cause the pursuit track to move regardless of ships on the main board. New ships will not spawn IF there are ships of that type on the main board (but the pursuit track still moves)

When the CAG places 2 civilians on the board because of the pursuit track, he can place them in the same space following normal placement rules

Interesting to try a game without Pegasus, we were tempted to try that ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
By Meow Command!
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite! I am going to pass for now though, too much else going on. Have fun and good luck all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

I will make my usual CFB house rule request (will only use it everyone agrees)

I hope you don't mind if I would prefer to leave out any house-rules for this game.
I haven't yet played a Daybreak game with the CFB and would like to test it as it is out of the box.

Also: Welcome everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Since we are almost full we will begin the character selection.
Some notes:

Some of the new characters require an unusual amount of time commitment and can slow down the game immensly. Mostly I'm talking about Zarek and, to a lesser degree, Lee, Athena and Hot Dog.
If you would like to play one of them, please be aware that they require more activity than usual and greatly profit from regular COs. I would not recommend taking the new Zarek if you will not be able to check the thread several times a day.

* Kamakaze - 1d100 = (60) = 60 - Tie Breaker 1d100 = (56) = 56
* TitanFire - 1d100 = (26) = 26
* Masnie - 1d100 = (60) = 60 - Tie Breaker 1d100 = (67) = 67
* Aurianna - 1d100 = (1) = 1
* --free spot-- 1d100 = (3) = 3
* ThirdWizard - 1d100 = (30) = 30

Players:
d10-1 Masnie
d10-2 Kamakaze
d10-3 Third Wizard
d10-4 TitanFire
d10-5 ackmondual
d10-6 Aurianna

Masnie may choose a character first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 441415. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (60) =
  • Fri Oct 4, 2013 6:11 pm
  • [+]
  • 441417. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (26) =
  • [+]
  • 441418. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (60) =
  • [+]
  • 441419. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (1) =
  • [+]
  • 441421. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (3) =
  • Fri Oct 4, 2013 6:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 441440. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (30) =
  • Fri Oct 4, 2013 6:57 pm
  • [+]
  • 441441. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (56) =
  • Fri Oct 4, 2013 6:59 pm
  • [+]
  • 441442. Kyryon
  • 1d100 =
  • (67) =
  • Fri Oct 4, 2013 6:59 pm
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would accept, but would like to get answers to the following first:

1) is no1 hosting a game with all 3 exp? Is it THAT bad from a mod point of view, or has it simply not occurred yet?
2) for that matter, will CFB without Peggy be too much for the humans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I intend to host a game with all 3 expansions in the future (and if I'm not mistaken there are 1 or 2 currently played with all 3).
Currently I am trying out different mixes of the expansions, so I get a better feel which options work well together and which don't. So far I have tried only Base+Day Kobol, Base+Day Earth, Pegasus+Day Earth and now Exodus+Day Earth here on bgg. In RL I have played with all expansions twice, but only to Kobol.

I have played several games in the past with the CFB and no Pegasus components and have seen the same amount of wins for the Cylons and Humans as with Pegasus.
The CFB is not necessarily a detriment for the humans, because they get the CAG, the better Vipers and they are not at risk of having several CACs show up in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
.... Either way, I'm convinced. I'm in. I can always try out other combinations of sets and modules later on, both IRL and pbf. And all the nicer since Exo but no Peg was one thing I have yet to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gereon M.
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, first pick, nice. I'll take Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Masnie wrote:
Oh, first pick, nice. I'll take Simon

This is neither praise nor criticism, but it seems like Simon's been the most picked CL in PBF games thus far, if not the only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Athena is pretty popular as well. Poor Aaron is left out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
a tie break way from being a CL, ah well.

I check BGG far too much, so I am happy to take the new Zarek. Have yet to try him in a game yet.

2 Leadership, 1 Tactics for starting cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going with the political leader Lee Adama. Ready and willing to serve, from the podium and not the viper. Unless you really need me to. I still know how to pilot them. So... yeah.

For my cards, I'll take 1 Leadership, 1 Politics, and 1 Tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(From Mobile

I'm still out of town and away from my game, but from memory I think there's an alternate Helo as a Pilot? If so, I'll take Helo. Otherwise, Doc Cottle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Pilot Helo it is, then

ackmondual may choose next, all categories except Cylon Leader are available again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyryon wrote:

Pilot Helo it is, then

ackmondual may choose next, all categories except Cylon Leader are available again.

Between my PBF target to play as every character, military leaders not having gotten enough attention, and the new characters being harder to choose since they're the "cult of the new and shiney" (at least for now), I'll pick Hoshi

EDIT: ... and banner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurianna
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn between Roslin and Boomer

Anyone have preference? Boomer might be good since we aren't high on engineering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurianna
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. I love Boomer but I want to play with Starbuck in assault raptors.

Starbuck, I choose you!

1 pilot, 1 tactics, 1 leadership.

Plus she still has an option for engineering if things get dicey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Back from out of town. My initial draw will be 1 Piloting, 1 Leadership, 1 Tactics.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [36] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.