tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that article said basically nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:

Yeah, I might have exaggerated when I used the words "more info".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:

Did a pretty good job of rubbing faces in it for people who aren't local to an event, though. I mean, even if you hadn't heard about it and were able/willing to travel.. it's a bit late to make travel arrangements for the early events, right? I really don't understand what the intended purpose of this "News" article was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
I really don't understand what the intended purpose of this "News" article was.

Probably to promote an event that they are very excited about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
Kaffis wrote:
I really don't understand what the intended purpose of this "News" article was.

Probably to promote an event that they are very excited about.

Yes this... It's something they do in business called promotion/hype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm certainly excited for it, but they've made 6 articles about the tour so far. This one added nothing but the fact that they've started travelling, along with some kinda crappy anonymized comments about the IDs. Fisk as "probably the best anti-fast advance card out there"? Come on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammond
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
I'm certainly excited for it, but they've made 6 articles about the tour so far. This one added nothing but the fact that they've started travelling, along with some kinda crappy anonymized comments about the IDs. Fisk as "probably the best anti-fast advance card out there"? Come on.

On one hand, I would be much more likely to play the Collective. On the other, I think we have enough Shaper IDs right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well they quoted me in it, so it's clearly the most important news post yet.

But yeah, that article said nothing.

They just want to get people excited for the Fisk/Collective voting.

prediction: The Collective runs away with over 70% of the vote at pretty much every event, and Fisk fans get to be very sad very fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:

I found this comment particularly amusing, since fast advance decks typically rely on having an agenda in-hand at the start of their turn. Fisk gives them a higher chance of that happening! Assuming the context was that a Fisk deck would try to get multiple accesses out of HQ, you can do that with any other identity, so this still isn't true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ranapuer wrote:
They just want to get people excited for the Fisk/Collective voting.

If this was the goal, they could've gotten people WAY more excited about it by announcing they were doing it online.

skiesbleed wrote:
Azeltir wrote:

I found this comment particularly amusing, since fast advance decks typically rely on having an agenda in-hand at the start of their turn. Fisk gives them a higher chance of that happening! Assuming the context was that a Fisk deck would try to get multiple accesses out of HQ, you can do that with any other identity, so this still isn't true.

Fast Advance decks want to force draw an Agenda when they're ready to score it. Minimal risk in HQ or remotes; that's the whole point.

Fisk can force them into HQ on his turn, giving him the opportunity to snipe it from HQ without you having had the opportunity to play and FA score it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
AZrugger wrote:
Azeltir wrote:

On one hand, I would be much more likely to play the Collective. On the other, I think we have enough Shaper IDs right now.

Regardless of whether Laramy or The Collective wins, it's not going to change the number of identities for each faction.

Let me repeat, since a lot of people seem to not get this: Regardless of whether Laramy or The Collective wins, it's not going to change the number of identities for each faction.

Let's say this new identity is going to show up in the third cycle, which I think is reasonable, or possibly the fourth cycle.

From what we've seen it looks like A:N is establishing a pattern of having a "big box" that consists of one Corp faction and one Runner faction with multiple IDs for each, followed by a cycle where neither of those factions get an ID but the other factions each get one.

So, what will happen is that Laramy or The Collective will show up in the cycle following the "big box" that includes Anarch (I think it's the next one). In that cycle, both Shaper and Criminal will get a new identity.

If Laramy wins the vote, they'll plug another identity in for the Shapers to replace The Collective.

If The Collective wins the vote, they'll plug another identity in for the Criminals to replace Laramy.

Anything else would be bad for long-term game balance and also bad for business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gabel
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Secretly John Masanori
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Trent:

Everything you said is true.

But a large part of the fun for a lot of people is building new decks and discussing strategies, even before the cards come out.

It's going to be at least a year before we see whatever new identity gets designed to replace Fisk if he loses. If Fisk wins, at least we can brew cool Fisk decks while waiting for the Criminal deluce expansion. That is not to say we can't brew Fisk decks if he loses, but it won't be the same.

I think that's why a lot of fans want Fisk. I'm with you though, I trust FFG to balance everything out eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
ranapuer wrote:
It's going to be at least a year before we see whatever new identity gets designed to replace Fisk if he loses.

I still like the idea someone had of "damaged" Collective, a la the Traitor Heroes in the WoW TCG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:

What information are you wanting exactly??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

What information are you wanting exactly??

Umm I don't know... oh wait, a new card maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the plugged in tour has to do with the upcoming data packs, does it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
I don't think the plugged in tour has to do with the upcoming data packs, does it?

My point was that instead of revealing new cards this week they gave us information we already knew about the tour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
i'm sure those will come tomorrow, from people that go to the plugged in tour.
EDIT: oh whoops that article was posted yesterday, so i expect we'll see some spoilers from some of those "challenge decks" posted tonight~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
experimilk wrote:
i'm sure those will come tomorrow, from people that go to the plugged in tour.
EDIT: oh whoops that article was posted yesterday, so i expect we'll see some spoilers from some of those "challenge decks" posted tonight~

Pics, too, if I get home at a reasonable time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Screw info, I got quoted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Let me repeat, since a lot of people seem to not get this: Regardless of whether Laramy or The Collective wins, it's not going to change the number of identities for each faction.

Wait - if I make an assertion, and repeat it in bold, I don't need to provide evidence? This is gonna be so useful in internet arguments!

Srsly though, I haven't particularly noticed people expressing concern about a long-term mismatch, just that we already have a ton of Shaper (not to mention HB) IDs right now. As far as evening it out, though, I'd say that I find NBN's 1-2 to be better on average than HB's entire 1-2-3-4-5, and that quality still beats quantity. And with an ever-evolving cardpool, I imagine a given faction having more stuff than the others will be an near-constant state. We're about to get Reina, for example: Anarch +1 over Criminal, for however long that lasts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beepers wrote:
You know what they say, FFG: "If you're not going to provide information that the community deems useful, don't give any information at all. Also: more free stuff, losers. Thanks. -Fan"

I think it's totally fair to complain when they provide filler posts like this, just like it's fair to get extremely excited and construct 15 page threads when a couple new cards get spoiled. The community's voice should have a guiding role in determining what the community managers at FFG post - that's kind of what marketing is about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.