Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My first game: BASKETmind, a simple yet realistic 5on5 basketball game
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a file of the rules in French, a translation that seems to correspond to the 2nd edition. At the end there are two "variants proposed by the designer", that BTW do not appear in the 2nd edition official rulebook I have. One is the more recent "draw cards after battle".

The second one says that players can play Mercenary, Drummer or Heroine on another player's battle line. I liked it when I read it, because in some of our games a player during the last round is so strong that there is nothing the others can do to stop him. But being able to sacrifice your forces so that another one stops the stronger player seems a good idea.

However, I found track of this variant nowhere else. And at the end of the variant it says "Attention, this variant only works with the rules of this version of Condottiere".

Any thoughts? Has anyone seen or played this variant? Why would it not work for other versions? Is it really from the designer, or the person who created the file made this up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also looking for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Reyes
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.