Burning Suns» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Strategic aspect of mission rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After today's game of prototype almost everyone said that the missions are basically useless. They destroy only one unit or 1 hitpoint from special units.

My co-players think that it is too weak if you have to use leader which could make much more significant action.

In my view, the missions are good for destroying buildings, but all in all I do not see many tactical options to use them.

Any ideas?

If missions allow at least one turn immobilize Die ship that would be something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Larsen
Denmark
Faxe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to add to the "mission"-action to have 1-2 more target possibilities.
1 damage can be used on Dieships e.g. to finish them off.
But still, I'd like it to have a bit more tactical significance.

Thanks for bringing it up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to have other kinds of missions. Or change the actions name to Sabotage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Velasco
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another option to sabotage can be a sabotage against an opponent leader,skipping his action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donegal wrote:
Another option to sabotage can be a sabotage against an opponent leader,skipping his action

One of ideology already allow such option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan McEwen
United States
Ottawa Hills
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too think that missions should have more options. Maybe you could steal or destroy artifacts. Same with leaders. The problem however is how to have a bunch of different mission options but keep the game simple enough to not have to look everything up.

What about a mission deck of cards? Each race gets so many Mission cards in hand, and can use the mission action to either discard and redraw or to perform on of the missions. The cards would give you a simple place to list all the details of the mission, and different cards could allow a variety of missions. (If you really want to customize things, each race could have separate missions, maybe somehow combine with Alliance cards?)

Further more, the Structure part of the Empire could have an effect on how many mission cards you can hold. I think there might be some real possibilities here. (Or maybe in the first expansion...)

Thanks,
Duncan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.