Cynon Forest
msg tools
Lets say that you have 2 characters at a location, Char 1 kills a henchman, but doesn't have a prayer of closing the location. Can the other char close instead? I mean, they're both at the location, so why WOULDN'T they be able to close it?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unfortunately no, they can not assist only the triggering character can who found the henchman, ( double checked this in the new pazio rules post a few pages back)

how ever when closing location due to Villain reveal both characters at a location can try to close it..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
????
mbmbmbmbmb
The current player is the only one who can permanently close the location.

If you are trying to temporarily close a location (when the villain is encountered elsewhere) then all characters at that location can attempt it.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynon Forest
msg tools
Milarky wrote:
unfortunately no, they can not assist only the triggering character can who found the henchman, ( double checked this in the new pazio rules post a few pages back)

how ever when closing location due to Villain reveal both characters at a location can try to close it..

Thanks, but I thought that if you defeated the villain the rules say you automatically close the villain. Are you saying that if the villain isn't killed, and there are 2 chars at that location, EACH can fight the villain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no when you reveal the villain if there are other location with characters at them you try and close them Temporally before the actually villain fight to "corner him"

1 Wizard at wood reveals villain and prepare for fight but 1st:-

2 try and close villains exits, so Cleric and fighter at Warrens both may make a close check ( assuming only warrens and woods out)

3 Wizard then fights Villain, if the Warrens was closed they win, if not villain gets shuffled in to warrens or woods + a timer blessing,

if the villain had 2 check to be defeated a THEN situation

1 Wizard and fighter at woods: Wizards turn finds the Villain, ,

if there are other locations with characters they need to try an temporally close them to stop the escape, other wise win or lose the villain will escape so either way the wizard must fight,

2 Wizard is caught short he must make one check but fails

3 the villain is not defeated so escapes BUT
the 2nd THEN check must be made, an easy choice is the wizard fails again as hes probably already taken damage and has no cards, so it does not matter he's nothing to lose ( with current villain powers), however i expect nastier villains if future packs which would require the fighter or wizard to try and pass the THEN check to avoid something,,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
The current player is the only one who can permanently close the location.

If you are trying to temporarily close a location (when the villain is encountered elsewhere) then all characters at that location can attempt it.

ninja

Thanks for this. I was going to ask that as I finally had that happen in the last BO scenario. Thankfully, I made sure the 1st character was successful so I didn't have to worry about the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure that is wrong.

You have to DEFEAT the villain to have that location close. The way you're describing you could just lose to the villain a couple of time to close every location but the last one. So, if you fail against the villain, you shuffle a number of blessings from the blessing deck plus the villain into every location that wasn't temporarily closed INCLUDING the one you're at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your right! don't close on finding the villain my bad, removed that bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
cynon83 wrote:
Milarky wrote:

Thanks, but I thought that if you defeated the villain the rules say you automatically close the villain. Are you saying that if the villain isn't killed, and there are 2 chars at that location, EACH can fight the villain?

Villain is encountered.

Characters at OTHER OPEN LOCATIONS may attempt to temporarily close locations that they are at. Each character gets one attempt and if the location is closed by someone else before it gets to them see the allcaps above.

The character at THAT LOCATION fights the Villain. If the Villain has one combat check only, the current player must make it. If the Villain has multiple checks, then the current player must make one, but each other check can be attempted by any player preset.

If the Villain is not defeated he runs away into a random open location (using blessings from the blessing deck to hide where he goes).

If the Villain is defeated and there are other open locations, the current location automatically closes* (no check needed) and the Villain runs away into a random open location (using blessings from the box to hide where he goes). If there are no other open locations, the scenario is immediately over and the players win.

* There is a rules case for there being two Villains, but since that cannot happen in any published scenario I'm leaving it out here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
cynon83 wrote:
Lets say that you have 2 characters at a location, Char 1 kills a henchman, but doesn't have a prayer of closing the location. Can the other char close instead? I mean, they're both at the location, so why WOULDN'T they be able to close it?

Thanks

Henchmen cards all say on them: "If defeated, you may immediately attempt to close this location." So (as with all of the other cards that use "you" or "your"), only the active player has the opportunity to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.