Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Rocky... where do you shop? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Ash
Australia
Bathurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Rockhampton for a week. I have know idea where to go to check some games out? Where do you shop?

end of line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We really only have one shopping centre in Rockhampton. It's a bit hard to miss.

If you mean for boardgames (which I assume you do), you'll likely be disappointed. There is the Capricorn Model House which is not at before mentioned shopping centre, but at the bridge end of the East St. Mall (opposite the courthouse precinct). It is a motley Hobby store that has a small range of pretty much any kind of collectable item you can think of at more than reasonable prices (meaning they are more than what I'd consider reasonable, not much more, but still more). They seem to have an array of children/family/party games, Munchkin, Killer Bunnies and some reasonable abstracts (like Cathedral and Blockus).

There is also Millenium Comics in the Northside Plaza (okay there is more than one shopping centre...) They are a local outlet for MTG & Yugi-oh as well as some more adult collectables. I've seen maybe 5-10 boardgames on their shelves - most seemed to be Risk or Risk-like games and Apples to Apples.

Which week are you up here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Necro thread.... Reactivate!!!!

Same question, different date and time. Are there any shops in Rocky? I will be here for about 3 more hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly more than before

Millenium - now in its own shop on High St (round the corner from the Northside Plaza, opposite Salvation Army). More expensive than online, but almost reasonable given retail overheads. Closest we have to a FLGS. Has really worked on expanding board games available - expect to find a lot of modern titles. Also sells comics, 40K, MTG and other geekdom collectibles.

Capricorn Model House - East St mall - all kinds of hobby and collectable stuff - I mean anything collectible from garden ornaments to model cars to I think there is an adult only curtained off section with hens night supplies. Small boardgames section up the back - expect Munchkin, Catan, a bunch of family 'games' and a few 'adult' party games.

Now there is also the EB Games Pop culture section in the main shopping complex. Has a pretty good selection of modern board games. Prices again reasonable from what I've seen for an in-person shop.

A lot of people I know shop online for most things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.