Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm midway through my first game and a number of simple yes/no questions have come up. Please lend me your wisdom!

1. Can you fire when wounded?

2. If you are outside the trench, the only enemies you can shoot with a gun are those on the firing steps. But can you shoot an enemy who is prone upon the firing steps?

3. If a grenade explodes in no man's land but within 4 hexes of the inside of a trench (or the firing steps) can enemies in the trench (or on the firing steps) be hit?

4. The rules say that if a grenadier with an unpinned grenade is knocked to a prone position, that grenade is then dropped onto that same hex. Does that mean that it will explode on the next turn under its own grenadier?

This thing is a blast. I'll have to make up some log sheets for it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:
I'm midway through my first game and a number of simple yes/no questions have come up. Please lend me your wisdom!

1. Can you fire when wounded?

Yes

Quote:
2. If you are outside the trench, the only enemies you can shoot with a gun are those on the firing steps. But can you shoot an enemy who is prone upon the firing steps?

You can shoot just at enemies who plotted an AIM or QUICK SHOT action AND are on the firing steps. So no prone targets
If Adjacent to the trench any target inside can be fired.

Quote:
3. If a grenade explodes in no man's land but within 4 hexes of the inside of a trench (or the firing steps) can enemies in the trench (or on the firing steps) be hit?

4th paragraph, Grenade section: If a grenade explodes outside the trench, it affects only those soldiers outside the trench. (If inside, just those soldiers inside.

Quote:
4. The rules say that if a grenadier with an unpinned grenade is knocked to a prone position, that grenade is then dropped onto that same hex. Does that mean that it will explode on the next turn under its own grenadier?

Yes, if the pin was previously pulled.

Quote:
This thing is a blast. I'll have to make up some log sheets for it, though.

I did one in typewriter times, a bit old-fashioned, but I still use it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

1. Can you substitute an Action *and* add an Optional Action?

2. Can you substitute an Action *and* add an Optional Action *and* a Quick Shot?

The reason I ask: I often find myself prone, so I often substitute a "Crawl" action, and sometimes I'd like to add an Optional Action to that, and sometimes a Quick Shot as well, and I can't figure out of either or both of those are allowed.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1. Can you substitute an Action *and* add an Optional Action?

No more than one optional action may be added to a soldier's plot each turn. (First line, page 2). Substitute Actions are considered Optional. Some are called substitute just because they are not added but played in place of.
So if you CRAWL you can just do that.
Have a look at the PLANNED ACTION SUMMARY.
Quick Shot can be added (or substitute in a couple of cases) just to the PLANNED action, never to the Optional or Substitute one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.