flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players:
Duane - 74
Steve - 117 (longest)
Lisa - 100
Jake(me) - 110

So after a fun time with Atolla Modulis we sat down to TtR:E. After a quick refresher for Duane and Steve who don't play as often, and we were off.

I had just watched both episodes of Boardgames with Scott for TtR eariler in the day. One of his comments was the Europe was a much friendlier game than USA, ya well... not this time.

We started off with a lot of tickets. Lisa and Duane kept all 4 while Steve and I kept 3 each. I had Berst to Petrograd with sidetrips in London, Berlin, and Roma. We started our initial draws and I watched as every bit of orange went to the other 3 players. Duane started off building in the British isles taking the 4 orange and the double locomotive routes, while I started fighting my way up the NW coast against Lisa, and Steve quietly built along the east side of the board.

My side trip to Berlin cost Duane a little heartburn, but for the most part we seemed to be out of each others way. I managed to pull off the 8 tunnel w/ minimal hassle and left the Essen to Stolkholm run for a little later.

After finally making it to Berst I decided to make my way to Roma through the center of the board. Just in time for Lisa to make a play at the Zagreb/Zurich/Rome triangle... right in my way. Figuring the ticket wasn't worth 2 stations I started other plans.

By this time though Trains were going to be tight, and Duane had made his way into Berst by way of the 1 pink and 3 black, and was starting to make his way to Moskova. I had to make the southerly route of 4 trains a pop. Other people were starting to take more tickets, and if I wanted to complete Roma I would have no options on any other tickets having only 4 trains left. I pulled tickets and happened to stumble on Stockholm to Wien, so my excursion down the center was not completely wasted, but there was still a 3 train dangling off the end.

The game was pretty steady to the end at that point, with Lisa trigering the last round shortly after Duane had taken a few more tickets. I completed my last connection to London and we tallied up the points.

Irony abounds though. We had had a discussion at the begining of the game about effort for the longest track, and how often it is a deciding factor in the game. As you see in the scores, it truely decided the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.