Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Germans are adjacent to the hex in Lake Ladoga that contains the Road of Life, is supply over the road of life stopped? Does winter / summer make a difference (I assume Lake Ladoga is frozen in winter)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately only rivers freeze and allows ZOC's on the other side of the river during the winter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
Unfortunately only rivers freeze and allows ZOC's on the other side of the river during the winter

Well, maybe you could say that even through the Lake freezes, the Germans aren't able to project enough power onto it to stop the flow of goods?

I remember from reading The 900 Days (such a good book) that in the first winter the lake froze less thickly than usual (or maybe started thawing earlier than usual), so that actually was a bigger threat to the supply line running across it than the Germans were. Without question, they were not able to shut the road down.

In game terms, I think it's better that a ZOC doesn't shut it down. It should be really difficult to conquer Leningrad, if the Germans could shut supply down by simply getting to the hex east of the city, it wouldn't be all that tough. So I was hoping you'd say what you said, and it matches what I've learned of the actual events being replicated in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.