Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the Z-Man version and surprise, surprise, the components are off. I'm supposed to have 12 stone and 10 gold but I have 10 stone and 12 gold. Do these numbers matter, I.e. Should I contact Z-Man for the missing components before I try to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not going to be the end of the world if you're two stone short. You probably won't run out, but proxy the missing resources if you need to. Contact Z-man, but don't wait to play this fantastic game in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
I always contact the distributor to make the game right. Who knows? You could play it that way, but gold is less available (costlier) and therefor should be in less supply than stone (in game terms.) I would want my game to be right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Shawn, it's a minor issue that shouldn't affect gameplay. But definitely contact the publisher and request the replacement cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
I agree with Shawn, it's a minor issue that shouldn't affect gameplay. But definitely contact the publisher and request the replacement cubes.

Yes, I have gone ahead and done so. Glad to hear the component numbers don't affect gameplay. I'd have been pretty annoyed if they did. Z-Man really just doesn't have their stuff together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Resources in Stone Age are in principle unlimited. And I have occasionally run out of some of them in 4P games even with the "right" number of components and had to substitute something else. So not really a major issue. And certainly not a showstopper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palmer Truslow
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, I got a copy of stone age about 3 months ago without any components. There were die cut pieces, the dice and dice cup but no lovely wooden pieces. I tried contacting zman right away and their autoreply said it would take a minimum of 2 weeks just to talk to me. I did recieve another autoreply about 2 months after the first email I sent, but it did not tell me anything relevant so I just bought the mayday games tokens instead.

Tl; dr: zman customer service is horrible. You're better off not trying to get in touch with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Toffoli
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this for Christmas last year and my copy only had five gold. I knew I needed more than that for a four player game, so I contacted Z-man. They were very prompt about a response and a few weeks later I had my extra gold. Very happy with the experience, especially when compared to Queen games. I never received an email or anything from them but a couple months later the missing pieces arrived in my mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NakedSeamus wrote:
Well, I got a copy of stone age about 3 months ago without any components. There were die cut pieces, the dice and dice cup but no lovely wooden pieces. I tried contacting zman right away and their autoreply said it would take a minimum of 2 weeks just to talk to me. I did recieve another autoreply about 2 months after the first email I sent, but it did not tell me anything relevant so I just bought the mayday games tokens instead.

Tl; dr: zman customer service is horrible. You're better off not trying to get in touch with them.

I know. To be quite honest, if I'd realized it was a Z-Man product before I bought it, I likely wouldn't have bought it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hah!! I had the same issue with 2 extra of gold, and 2 less stone.
I just ordered from www.boardgameextras.com and got the full amount
with a premium set plus wooden food and card sleeves.
Not really run out of supplies though, even with base set.
I hate games though that only give 8 or 10 resourses with the comment of
'If you run out of resourses, use some substitute'. That is just an excuse for
We couldn't be bothered to put more materials in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman56 wrote:

Or it could simply mean "we positively believe that this amount of resources is enough in almost every game, but if, in some really rare corner case you run out of them, they are not meant to be exhaustible". We've never been close to running out of any resource in Stone Age, so I don't mind having such numbers of wooden bits. Otherwise, how much should they include so that everybody be happy? Infinity?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juliusan wrote:
diceman56 wrote:

Or it could simply mean "we positively believe that this amount of resources is enough in almost every game, but if, in some really rare corner case you run out of them, they are not meant to be exhaustible". We've never been close to running out of any resource in Stone Age, so I don't mind having such numbers of wooden bits. Otherwise, how much should they include so that everybody be happy? Infinity?

Agreed. I think that text is included more as a CMA than as an admission that they put too few components in the box. I don't think over ever played a game where I ran out of resources when the game warned it might happen. You almost have to play intentionally "wrong" to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.