BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game vs Mage Wars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this might not be a valid comparison since both games are totally different genre.

But still I would like to ask if these games being compared based on the question of "which one should I get", how would u response?
Due to limited budget, I have to make such a comparison

Im looking for something has better replayability with only base set. I dont mind getting expansion just that it might takes awhile for me to start expanding the game.

Hope someone who had played both of these could share me your opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Mages Wars has more content for the price. You can get a ton of gameplay out of it just from mastering the system before building custom spellbooks. Pathfinder is going to need some expansions before it can match it just because the gameplay isn't as deep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Wars hands down.

Great game and it does not need expansions at all to play for a long, long time.

Pathfinder, while I have not played it, is meant to be expanded regularily and will likely grow stale quickly without expansions.

It also is a pretty light game, while Mage Wars is rather deep.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For depth out of the base set, I'd vote for Mage Wars.

However, if solo play is a big factor for you (which I doubt, since you're looking at Mage Wars to begin with) then Pathfinder would be the better choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Rivet
United States
Pine City
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well "la de" freck'n Da!
badge
The "Dennis System".
mbmbmbmbmb
mage wars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Potter
United States
Lawrenceville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends.

I own Pathfinder and I get to play mage wars a good bit.

I think mage wars is a better game with more replayability. Having said that my wife loves pathfinder and she would never play magewars. So if I did not have access with someone to play magewars with it would be worthless to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.