7 Posts

Dominare» Forums » Rules

Subject: Removing cubes question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
There are many powers that say things like "remove X cubes from ANY blocks...."...

The question is ... Do you have to choose blocks that match the value of X?

For example... if you are told to remove "3 cubes from ANY 4 blocks"... and you have 3 blocks with 2 cubes and 2 blocks with 3 cubes and 1 block with 5 cubes.... Can I choose to completely remove all the cubes with 2 cubes first? Or if there is the opportunity to remove 3 from a block I HAVE to do that first?

So in this example 2,2,2,3,3,5 would become 2,2,(2-3)0,(3-3)0,(3-3)0,(5-3)2 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Typically you choose the blocks, then remove what you can. But if you can cite the card, I can help more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
So if it says to remove 3, you can choose a block with only 1... even if you have another block that has 3?

edbolme wrote:
But if you can cite the card, I can help more.

I do not have a copy of the game, one of my mates brings it over... but the keyword is ANY... there are tons of cards that have this text... it is a general question and not a specific card question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then it's any block. Now, if it's, say, any block you control, then you have to have at least one influence there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
Yeah I mean any block you control.

I'm not really asking about targeting I am asking about the removal of the blocks themselves. It just seams wrong to me that if it says remove 3, you can choose a block with only 1. It sound right that if you are told to remove 3 and you have the option to remove three you have to choose that block.

Is there any rules in the book that supports the idea that you can choose to remove less than instructed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Flood
United States
Smithfield
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the abilities that remove more than one influence cube say "Remove UP TO X influence from a block(s)". So, the choice of block(s) is yours. Theoretically; you could remove 2 influence cubes on a block with 3. Have not played enough to see if that would EVER be helpful though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bbb ccc
Australia
flag msg tools
yes that is correct... but this is not the question.

The question is if you are told to choose a block and remove X cubes can you choose a block with LESS.

For example.. you are told to remove 3 cubes from any block... can you choose a block with 1 cube and clear it, even if there is a block you do control that has 3 or more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.