5 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: All your Dinosaurs are microbots rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfred Spangler
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a question: Played against a young man who chose dinosaur/robots. He had the microbot (I wanna say it's the Microbot Alpha) that has the rule "All of your minions are considered microbots" in play. Then he played the Microbot Reclaimer, which lets you put as many "microbots" from your discard pile into your draw pile. There was some discussion about whether he could claim all the minions IN THE DISCARD PILE were also microbots, and therefore put them back in the deck (including King Rex - WAAAAH!).

I thought this was a perfectly legal and creative play. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
mynameistopher wrote:
Here's a question: Played against a young man who chose dinosaur/robots. He had the microbot (I wanna say it's the Microbot Alpha) that has the rule "All of your minions are considered microbots" in play. Then he played the Microbot Reclaimer, which lets you put as many "microbots" from your discard pile into your draw pile. There was some discussion about whether he could claim all the minions IN THE DISCARD PILE were also microbots, and therefore put them back in the deck (including King Rex - WAAAAH!).

I thought this was a perfectly legal and creative play. Thoughts?

This question has been answered reliably and definitively by the developer.

Microbot Alpha ONLY affects minions currently in play so no you cannot combo him with microbot reclaimer to take back all you minions from your discard, no your minions in your hand are not microbots (unless they naturally are), and no your minions in your deck are not microbots (unless they naturally are).

All abilities that affect "all your minions" only target the ones in play unless it explicitly says otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

"Your minions" generally doesn't include cards in your hand, deck, or discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Spangler
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the info, all star! Is this on their faq or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
All abilities that affect "all your minions" only target the ones in play unless it explicitly says otherwise.

Does the rulebook say that? I know it has a very good set of clarifications for this type of thing (one that almost all rulebooks could stand to have), making sure it's clear that "Cannot" trumps "can", "some" includes 0, "do this" without "may" means it is not optional, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.