Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] Jinteki - Stupid Is As Stupid Does rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Notable rules that make this deck work:

Successfully Running Archives: The Runner accesses all cards in Archives and any
upgrades in its root.
The Runner turns all cards faceup when
accessing them, and does not need to keep them in order. The
Runner steals all agendas
in Archives and cannot trash cards
that are already in Archives. After accessing Archives, all
cards in Archives return to Archives faceup.

This deck is stupid.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Jinteki: Personal Evolution (Core)

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (13)
Braintrust (What Lies Ahead) x3
False Lead (A Study in Static) x3
Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control) x3
Fetal AI (Trace Amount) x3
Nisei MK II (Core) x1

Asset: (9)
Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) x3 ■
Ronin (Future Proof) x3
Snare! (Core) x3

ICE: (14)
Data Mine (Core) x3
Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves) x3
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Neural Katana (Core) x2
Rototurret (Core) x3 ■

Operation: (11)
Anonymous Tip (Core) x3 ■
Neural EMP (Core) x3
Precognition (Core) x2
Rework (Humanity's Shadow) x3 ■

Upgrade: (2)
Hokusai Grid (Humanity's Shadow) x2

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 6
Jinteki: 50
NBN: 6
The Weyland Consortium: 3

Mulli and hope you get Jackson anonymous tip. Dig as much as you can tossing one pointers into your archives. Have Jackson in play to put things back into your deck like snare, but mostly to adjust the agenda count so that the runner flatlines when they access. Data mine and Hosaki Grid on archives just to guarantee it.

I've been trolling on OCTGN with this with varying success. I wouldn't call it competitive, but it is a strategy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kempe-Cook
United States
BLOOMINGTON
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the Runner chooses the order in which she accesses cards in Archives. This being the case means that once she accesses enough to have won, they can flatline, but they will have already won.

The deck loses hard to Public Sympathy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
You DO realize the runner can simply elect not to score, thereby avoiding net damage, yes? It's not like the agendas are going anywhere.

Your deck seems hell-bent on this sole strategy that I honestly don't see working against any but the most retarded runners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Ødegård
Norway
Høvik
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:
You DO realize the runner can simply elect not to score, thereby avoiding net damage, yes?

They can't, actually. They can decide what order to access the cards in, but they can't elect not to score unless there're some additional costs involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Cywicki
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You DO realize the runner can simply elect not to score, thereby avoiding net damage, yes? It's not like the agendas are going anywhere.

I believe if the Runner accesses an agenda he must steal it if he can.

And you don't need Public Sympathy to win against this deck. Just draw thrice before running. Also Fetal AI can't hurt you from Archives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lysander1 wrote:

Your deck seems hell-bent on this sole strategy that I honestly don't see working against any but the most retarded runners.

Womp Womp. Incorrect Trombone.

Page 18: Rulebook
Stealing Agendas

If the Runner accesses an agenda, he steals it and places it
faceup in his score area, resolving any conditional abilities on
the agenda that use the language “When you steal.” While an
agenda is in the Runner’s score area, it adds its agenda points
to his score. The Runner cannot decline to steal agendas he
accesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cavalier
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking this would be a strategy as well ... once there is an archives trap of any type it could actually work ... till then I doubt it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this deck idea. I think I'll try it in earnest once that Jinteki 1-pointer comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
Delaric wrote:
Ok good, but can you make an equally stupid runner deck to play against it?

Easy. Create a 200 cards runner and don't run.
Then post your deck that destroyed this new meta corp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eremiel wrote:
Lysander1 wrote:
You DO realize the runner can simply elect not to score, thereby avoiding net damage, yes?

They can't, actually. They can decide what order to access the cards in, but they can't elect not to score unless there're some additional costs involved.

I'm pretty sure he meant they could elect not to score them by not running on Archives. If the Runner never runs on Archives, this little trick won't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bible brock
France
flag msg tools
To OP : (i'm newbie on ANR), what's your way to win if the runner never run your archive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
It's those kind of deck with no backup plan. The goal is to flatline the runner, period.

If only you could get rid of Deus Ex x)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Law
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Deus Ex would only prevent a single net damage in this case, since the agendas are stolen one at a time. No?

But, yeah, this deck would really need to be all 1 pointers. Fun idea, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Gauthier
France
flag msg tools
dlaw008 wrote:
Deus Ex would only prevent a single net damage in this case, since the agendas are stolen one at a time. No?

You're right, but it will prevent ronin or snare though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Austin Kinslow
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe revisit this when Clone Retirement is a thing - it's still a one trick pony but looks somewhat entertaining to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been tinkering and playing a similar trolling casual deck. The deck is not nearly there yet but Jinteki will get 2 1 point agenda in the Spin cycle. That means 12x 1 point agendas. Then add Punitive Counterstrike to the mix and watch runners explode. This might even turn out to be an ok deck but doubt it because it is very easy to counter by not running archives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
skiesbleed wrote:
I'm pretty sure he meant they could elect not to score them by not running on Archives. If the Runner never runs on Archives, this little trick won't work.

This is a weakness of the deck; also, that if they grab any agendas before hitting archives they might just win when they finally run it.

This deck is not meant to be a winner, but I have enjoyed every game I've won with it. I was thinking about bringing it to the plugged in tour for kicks, but that would require bullfrog-whirlpool and a much faster set up, which I don't think will happen.

Having played it a few times now, precog is your friend. Also, only put one data mine down on archives, and maybe not a grid unless you're stacked literally everywhere else. It also helps if you can draw slower. A big dig and dump will only work against players who are very naive. The best way to get them to run archives is to make it so that they need data sucker tokens or have them play noise. If they're playing noise, they might win the game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was considering this the last game I played PE. It was a long, grueling match. I purposefully left a few 1 pointers in Archives the whole game but the runner wasn't playing the cards that encouraged a dip into an easy server.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the same idea, but I haven't tried it. It seems quite weak to R&D being hit at all to get 1-2 points before they hit archives. I think with Punitive counter measures, however, it could become a top-rate plan. Especially with Jackson to keep archives always at 5ish agenda points with a Hokusai Grid as backaup.

My plan was to I->AA traps in remotes naked while discarding all agendas to archives and hope they either take brain damage from the remotes, or flatline against archives when they aren't expecting it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth M
msg tools
mbmb
How does this deck not just lose to Draw, Draw, Draw, run Archives?

That's enough cards to hit a Data Mine and a Hokusai Grid and still win the game before dying even if there were 7 1 pt Agendas and nothing else since the PE effect for the last point of damage would be pre-empted by the runner winning the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
They run on their 4th click and have 0 cards let in hand? Well, that's neural emp range. And you don't put 7 1pt agendas in archives if you cna't clear them out with jackson.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
lol? then runner can just win by not running and letting you get milled...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
johncraven wrote:
lol? then runner can just win by not running and letting you get milled...

In which case you could try scoring??

This deck is predicated on you being able to drive the runner to check archives, there are of course inherent weaknesses in that plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilarious. I'm building this right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.