Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Spellman
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just got the game today and started playing.

Laid down FIRE and added a few during set up with my Br.Generals. Once those FIRE chits are flipped and returned to the FIRE pile how do I lay down more FIRE on the union troops?

If I fire upon them on the first round (say in Green but using Picket attached to the brigade) and it's a MISS. I put it back into the pile and now that Union Position has NO Fire Chit on it. Next round if I make it to yellow and want to take a shot...there is no FIRE chit to flip. How do I add one to it?

Can't seem to find it in the rule book..

Thanks!
Bryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

here is how I play it.

Fire Chits! are ONLY revealed by Sighting (i.e. brigades in the yellow or red areas reveal one/all at the end of their activations), by the Skirmisher advance event, or when a brigade enters a Union position.

When a brigade fires at a Union position, just ADD 0-1-2 Fire Chits! (involving a General for this changes the numbers to 1-2-3).
Open Fire! thus does not reveal any Fire Chits!. But it decreases the fire effect of the blue boys as their combat strength is reduced by the number of Fire Chits! placed on them (rule 11.1).

I hope this helps a little bit.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bryan!
As Uwe said, the initial Fire chits are from the preliminary artillery bombardment and then there are other opportunities to place Fire chits through the use of Open Fire events and others allowing you to do so. The Fire chits are only revealed as Uwe indicates.
Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bryanspellman wrote:
...Laid down FIRE and added a few during set up with my Br. Generals.

This is a big mistake tactically. Don't do it. You need these Generals to provide re-rolls for adverse rolls when their division is advancing.

The only time you should use this ability is when a division has halted its advance and not used the General's re-roll ability and you get an Open Fire event. That re-roll ability is too valuable to be used for anything else. Only if the division has halted, should you use the general's ability to enhance fire on Union positions.

Edited for clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Spellman
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hermann! Love the game. Finished up last night (with a little cheating just to get into Bayonet Combat).

Had a couple of lucky Chit draws (pulled a God is a Southerner then the first Grey was a General Lee which had me draw two more Confederate Chits).

Saw where to lay down more FIRE on the union.

Thanks Uwe, I assume your play is a variant. After a play or two I would think that would add TOO much Firepower to the Confederate Troops and weaken the Union much more than historically accurate. But I am sure it would be a fun play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmmm ...

what variant?

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Spellman
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not see that in the rule book...maybe I am misreading.

you are talking about when you pull a GREY CHIT and it says OPEN FIRE? That I understand now.

I thought you were just adding at the end of your turn...sorry my mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.